Zero miles 200R4 by DRW transmissions

MAP

For sale: 200R4 by DRW transmissions (Santee, CA) built for 600lb-ft, 570 hp "High-Peformance." This is a dual-pattern transmission that will bolt up to a Chevy or a B-O-P motor.

DRW transmissions, owned by Don Wang, is one of the top 200R4 builders in the nation, and one of the top builders recommended by Bruce Toelle (WE4) of PTS Xtreme transmissions.

This transmission has zero miles! It was bought five years ago and sealed since the day I bought it against that time when I would use it in my "super" car project. The project never materialized, so the motor was sold, and now the transmission is up for sale. The new owner of this transmission will be entitled to a free in-car inspection and adjustment regimen at the company's Santee, CA site.

Please see the photos several posts down for the build sheets: "billet/hardened" is a common theme. The transmission also includes a special PTS oil pan with a relocated pickup location for cars making 12.0 sec or faster in the ¼-mile (not a detriment for slower speeds, however.) The transmission with PTS pan and without TC cost me $2,800 - will sell for $2,200. Today, the cost would be about $3,400, so save $1,200 for the same transmission with zero miles!

Two torque converters are available for this transmission. The first is a Hughes 21-25L HD 12" Hughes heavy-duty unit, stall speed approximately 2,300 rpm. This is good for an engine with strong low-speed output. Single-clutch lockup. Never used! Price new: $584, sell for $450. The second is an Art Carr 16030 10" "HD super torque" non-lockup unit. Stall speed is in the vicinity of 2,700 rpm. It has about 500 miles of rather gentle use (250hp max.) Price new: $589, sell for $375.

I can get excellent commercial shipping rates.

Thanks for reading my ad!

Attachments

• TCs.jpg
    TCs.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Tranny-1.jpg
    Tranny-1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Tranny-2.jpg
    Tranny-2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Tranny-3.jpg
    Tranny-3.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Where are you located? And what kind of et is this transmission good for?

Last edited:
Where are you located? And what kind of et is this transmission good for?
Greetings - Yuma, AZ. The transmission was built to go with a 383 small-block Chevy of the torque and hp (with 100hp nitrous boost) cited. The transmission was built to that target and not a specific ET target. Thanks - MAP

Lock up or non lock up? I'm interested in buying please keep me in line.

Last edited:
Or if someone wants it in cally I could probably swing by and pick it up for you

Greetings folks,

PM replied. The transmission is a lock-up unit.

Thanks,
MAP

Hi Folks,

Thought I'd post the build sheets for inspection; see below.

Best,
MAP

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 228
Adding key words for searching ease: 200-R4, 200-4R, 2004R, THM. Also bump to top - thanks.

Greetings,

I've been able to arrange for free shipping across the lower 48 in the CONUS for the transmission and either converter (or no converter; that's up to the buyer.)

Thanks,
MAP

Sorry that I haven't come back here in a while as I've been monitoring PM's instead...

My V6 8 U - this response may be too late to help you, and I apologize, but I can't accept $1.5k. Thanks for your offer, however.
Patrick D. - I did see your PM and responded.

Best,
MAP