2-step for stock ignition systems

As a simple way to get the pins out of the connector, take the FM antenna from an old radio that's lying around and separate the extendable sections of it. One of the sections should be the right size to slip over the pins and compress the holding clips. You may have to try both ends of the section that fits over the pin to get the correct size, as one end will have a slight crimp that changes it's inner diameter slightly. Swapped my pins around in about 5 minutes including tearing the antenna apart....

Yes, jetmech, you sure can do that, for me the 3 hour round trip to the nearest Shack or equivalent store isn't worth the trouble.

well got mine installed, no trig light when switch pushed down and no stutter when i bring up the rpm's what am i doing wrong?
it just seems like the switch isnt working. :confused:

just connecting the switch bewteen the 2 trigger wires will not make the unit trigger.

you need to run power to the switch, and have the switch connect that power to the 2 trigger wires when the switch is pushed. (the switch has 3 screws C, NC, and NO)

+12v---------------> C...........switch..........NO <---------------------gray and brown wires

Bob

Sounds like the answer for braket racing no more trying to hold gas pedel in a sweet spot look at boost gauge and cut a light!!! I read this whole post and forgive me for asking again but i will be able to set a desired rpm level in my case 3000rpm is about 5-6psi activate the 2step put gas one the floor car holds 3000rpm and 5psi every time ok now when you let off the brake to launch car do you let off the activation switch or is it automatic that is my question why doesnt car just stay at 3000rpm? I know what you are thinking but im hard headed and just dont get that part.

I saw the video and it is wonderful just want to know if u have to let off the activation switch along with the brake or once activated is it automatic?

the activation follows the switch.

I mount that switch in the left side of the brake pedal so my foot hits it when brake torquing. Lift my foot and it launches.

Bob

Bob I havent read the whole thread so if this has been answered just tell me to read it again!! Do you sell the switch & directions for wiring brake pedal or do I have to go find one? Seems simple enuf to wire but an all in one package is nice to buy.

The plan is for the distributors the carry the switches as well. Check with your favorite vendor to see what they have in stock.

Bob

Went to the track and made 2 runs before a fuel pump issue arose but the 2 step worked great.
1st run I forgot to release the 2 step button.
2nd run I went in the box with some revs and used the 2 step off the foot brake and had a 1.60 60 foot.
With more practice the 2 step will be great off the foot brake.
GOOD PRODUCT

thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Everyone seems to love the unit.

I will be at Norwalk in 2 weeks, and can show everyone how it works.

Bob