2-step for stock ignition systems

Went to the track and made 2 runs before a fuel pump issue arose but the 2 step worked great.
1st run I forgot to release the 2 step button.
2nd run I went in the box with some revs and used the 2 step off the foot brake and had a 1.60 60 foot.
With more practice the 2 step will be great off the foot brake.
GOOD PRODUCT

sweet, you going to the WCN this year? i will be there with my 2 step, trying to get it dialed in. Are you running the stock ecm still? you spraying alky?

Bob, i know how julio feels about this but, what is your take on spraying alky while on the 2 step?

sweet, you going to the WCN this year? i will be there with my 2 step, trying to get it dialed in. Are you running the stock ecm still? you spraying alky?

Bob, i know how julio feels about this but, what is your take on spraying alky while on the 2 step?
I will be there, XFI, no Alky.

How did you set up the xfi for the 2 step? What did you have to change. Just wondering as I'm going to need to do this to mine.

I spiced into one wire before my adapter harness which goes to the 2step, ran a jumper to grd and 12 volts for the momentary switch and installed unit in the glove box. Everything you will need is provided except for the switch.

with the xfi, you need to make a change to the tune so that the wideband correction is reduced in the range where you will be "on" the 2-step.

As far as the install, there is no difference among all the controllers.

Bob

Depending on how you have the car set up, the alky will probably spray more than the engine needs. Julios kit has a wire for reducing the spray which you can set up, or just tune the kit with a later turn on point.

While I have alky on the car, its turned off at the moment, as I am running E85.

Bob

Does anyone know if the "white B4" wire going into the Casper XFI jumer box is the same wire coming out of the Casper XFI jumper box in the "B4" location? All the wires connecting the jumper box to XFI are black so there is no color point of reference. I just need to know if B4 going in the jumper box is the same as the B4 coming out of the jumper box, b/c i rather splice in the jumper harness than the engine harness.

Thanks,

Did you get an answer to your question? If so, what was it. Thanks.

I'm betting that there will be lots of 2-steppin next weekend at Norwalk....

:)

Bob

Does anyone know if the "white B4" wire going into the Casper XFI jumer box is the same wire coming out of the Casper XFI jumper box in the "B4" location? All the wires connecting the jumper box to XFI are black so there is no color point of reference. I just need to know if B4 going in the jumper box is the same as the B4 coming out of the jumper box, b/c i rather splice in the jumper harness than the engine harness.

Thanks,

B4 is the EST signal, not the ESC signal as some have said. It comes out of the jumper on pin A8 and goes to pin A14 on the XFI box

We will be bringing plenty of these to Norwalk and can even install them on sight if needed.

updates please

Hi Guys, I am anxiously awaiting to hear some real world data of how the 2 steps are improving your launch. Anyone have any times yet?:)

Ok, I'm trying to wire the 2 step and I'm lost on the directions, I spliced the white b4 and wired it per the directions, now my question do I continue on the overview section and tap c13 blue? No where in the buick direction part does it say tap just says splice. I just figured there would be more the splicing one wire and connecting 2 wires from the 2 step.

Also the brown and grey wire, I wire those 2 toghter to a 12v source correct? Also any idea on the amp draw for the inline fuse. Can I tap it into my trans brake button so I will have a inline fuse feeding th tbrake and the 2 wire from the 2 step?

Thanks

the Blue wire is not used on the Buicks. Its in the overview just as an example, for those cars where wires need to be tapped....

the brown and gray wires can be tied together so that the retard and limiter can be activated together.

For electric trans brakes, you should use a solid state relay, so that the spikes from the brake don't hurt the 2-step.

What kind of brake do you have?

Bob