2-step for stock ignition systems

The newest video on that channel is from a month ago. Is that the one?
Click the link for LSPBC @ Redline 050810 and Duke's will be the white T with draglite rims..I think its the only white T in the clip with aftermarket wheels...There a good clip of him about 3 drags into the video...its a bi-run with country music playing in the background :)

1.58 off foot brake last night. I need to concentrate on releasing the button but this is the best purchase I have made other than the Scanmaster(wish it would work with the F.A.S.T)

2-step

Hi, I emailed TurboBob this question and would like to get others input as well about the 2-step. I have a GN motor in a 1963 chevyII. I am running a transbrake in a TH350 My car has ran a best of 10.5@130 with a 1.47 60' that was leaving at about 8psi boost. Sorry so winded but here is my question. How well would this 2-step work for my setup to build more boost to launch off the transbrake using the timing retard. FYI my car does not spin at all at the track with the 1.47 60' so I know if I could build more boost it would really leave alot faster. The last thing I should add is I am running a classic fast. Somewhere else I read you had to make the closed loop parameter for wideband operation higher than the 2-step rpm. I did not see anything about this in the downloaded manual. Are there any other issues using this with a classic fast. Thanks again and I am ready to buy if you think it will help me. James

The last thing I should add is I am running a classic fast. Somewhere else I read you had to make the closed loop parameter for wideband operation higher than the 2-step rpm. I did not see anything about this in the downloaded manual. Are there any other issues using this with a classic fast. Thanks again and I am ready to buy if you think it will help me. James

You definitly need to turn the O2 off when on the 2-step. Your above post is one way to do it. IMO: there are a couple better ways to do it. The best way requires you to have the right firmware in your FAST. With this method, you wire the 2-step into the FAST and it ignores the O2 whenever the 2-step is on. I prefer this method since it allows you to run close loop everywhere but when the 2-step is on.

CAL, either i can pm you or if you want post up. what wire from the 2 step will we wire to the xfi? what pin on the xfi do we wire it to?

The XFI is a diferent animal. Since most of my customers have the internal data logger, I usually wire the trans brake into the PA Enable wire. There are quite a few of advantages to doing it this way.

I also want to mention, how easy these are to install. I installed one in a car today in around 20 minutes of which most of the time was spent mounting the box.

Since I didnt want to run my switch to the footbrake plus no transbrake, I spliced into my horn using a three way toggle, "up" i got horn "down" i got retard and studder, lay on the horn at the line:cool:

It should work, as far as I can tell. But will require a little more work to install.

Do you have an extra ignition module + coils I can work out the details on?

B

Bob, never mind, I just went through the thread and mine had the pins backwards. I have the tool to swap and it is working correctly now. I will be posting some pics showing how I set mine up with a rocker switch on the shifter to use with a stage-rite style 'brake. Jon Hanson

Bob, I have gone over the install and everything works awsome but I am getting a 42 code on the PL (EST timing monitor error). The car fires right up and runs fine but after several attempts to find out what I did wrong (the MOST likley) I am at a loss. I stopped the install thread I was doing until I make sure I get it correct. Thanks for all your help. Jon Hanson

Grey wire

Installing my 2 step with a Classic Fast. Do I utilize the Gray wire?

Also, how to I find the K3 wire on the FAST? I have a good idea, but want to make sure.

thanks,

Dennis