2-step for stock ignition systems

Cal was talking about a solid state (ok, "Digital") relay for this type of setup. I think he carries them. They have less delay than mechanical relays.

I think this is the way to go.

Bob

what kind of switch or button are you going to trigger this stuff with?

The two step is great. No more trying to out smart the tree. I launch on the foot brake at 5000rpm 22 lb of boost. Even with a few seconds on the limiter boost only increased a couple of pounds. Also if you are racing on a marginal track turn the limiter down and take control of the launch, Definitly one of the best buys for the turbo regals, plus Bob is quick to help with any problems. Dont think about it buy it !!!!

Cal, get with me on the solid state relays so I can draw up some diagrams for them.

Bob
(Thanks for the support, guys!!)

The two step is great. No more trying to out smart the tree. I launch on the foot brake at 5000rpm 22 lb of boost. Even with a few seconds on the limiter boost only increased a couple of pounds. Also if you are racing on a marginal track turn the limiter down and take control of the launch, Definitly one of the best buys for the turbo regals, plus Bob is quick to help with any problems. Dont think about it buy it !!!!

What are your times and your 60ft too off the foot brake.

hey bob
I have a 2step it works great
I use it on full cut
can you explain the difference in Partial at 250 rpm and Partial at 500 rpm
thanks

bob

You launch @ 22 lbs! DAMN !
I WANT VIDEO.
Way to go Mac, nice 60'

Bryan

hey bob
I have a 2step it works great
I use it on full cut
can you explain the difference in Partial at 250 rpm and Partial at 500 rpm
thanks

bob

Full cut is when the entire engine power is cut, right at the set RPM. So the stuttering point is very sharp.

Some engines can spool quicker when brake torquing if some partial stuttering is activated. So when the 250 RPM partial stutter is enabled, the 2-step unit will start partial stuttering 250 RPM below the setting.

It really depends on the car setup as to whether the partial stuttering will help.

Bob

hey Bob
I tried the partial stuttering 500 RPM it seem to work better for me
thanks for the info
Bob

P.S. the only thing that I don’t like about the 2step is the box every time I want to make adjustment or like at my setting I have to take all the screws out to see the
Settings . so I made a clear top with some slots so I don’t have take it apart . I will upload so pictures for you to see , I make jewelry and I have some small CNC machines some it was easy let me know what you think.

post some pics.....

CNC machine.... good to know..

I just leave the top off mine.

Bob

post some pics.....

CNC machine.... good to know..

I just leave the top off mine.

Bob

what ever you want made i will make for you no problem, anything for Mad Scientist

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 379
Temperature is expected to only be in the 90's saturday night so Speedworld here I come for some more testing.

what ever you want made i will make for you no problem, anything for Mad Scientist

WOW, thats fantastic looking.

You could mill the box a bit lower so you can get to the switches easier as well.

If you make any more, I would love one (with my logo?)

How big is the mill?

Bob