13 Gene Fleury 7.50-11.99 86 GN
14 Rob Stariha 12.00-14.99 89 TTA
15 Bill Manes 12.00-14.99 87 TurboT
16 Len Freeman 7.50-11.99 87 WE4
17 Paul Helliker 7.50-11.99 87 Turbo T
18 Dennis Hogan 7.50-11.99 87 Turbo T
19 Scott Hogan 7.50-11.99 87 Turbo T

Look at it the other way then Dan.

Of all the people who have signed up so far....you were last.
Feel better? :D

Keep in mind that your number on the roster just shows the order in which folks signed up. When you get to the track they will assign a different number to put on your car.

If and when we build this event to be an exclusive day at the track (nothing but turbo cars), we can assign our own numbers...that would be cool wouldn't it?

I plan to attend the event..... how strict are the safety rules?

What elevation is it also?

I have the following safety parts:
driveshaft safety loop
B&M shifter with reverse lockout
10pt bolt in rollcage (plates welded to the floor)
5pt safety belts/helmet/jacket
master electric cutoff switch at the rear

Will I need an SFI transmission shield, SFI flexplate, SFI harmonic balancer?

I plan to run some very low 10's if not high 9's.

-GNX7

I'm like you. I worry about how strict the track is regarding adherance to "the book."

The tech itself last year was a breeze. The problem was that they were right on with kicking people who passed the time/speed for which they were teched.

One person, sorry I don't remember who, was teched for 12's and slower. He ran an 11.999 AND WAS BOOTED. To me that was ridiculous.

Gene apparently was warned he was approaching the 9's with a 10.10 or so....and I say "So what?" He didn't break the rules so why say something at that point?

I can't remember the elevation...but it's Oregon. If you ain't being showered from above then the waves will gitcha. :D

GNX, I don't believe you will have any problem with the flex plate and the balancer. The trans shield could get you for sure. Traveling from the bay area I wouldn't want you to have any problems. The track is inconsistent about their tech, so you never know. I personally wouldn't make that kind of drive unless I knew that I'd pass tech. As much as I'd love to get another 9 second car up here, I don't want you to have a dissapointing day at the track.

The elevation varies with weather, I think it's below 500' actual elevation though.

Chris, the only guy that got booted that I'm aware of was teched for 12's with no roll bar, and ran an 11.68! I personally spoke with the tower, and they allowed him to race the following day.

We're hopeful for a good turnout this year, but again you're totally at your own risk if your car doesn't fit the NHRA rule book.

If I owned my own track, I'd just have you all over and we could run 9's wearing shorts with the windows down :) It's their track...their rules. It does seem to help when we have 30 Turbo Regals that generally look the same...the track sometimes can't tell who is who.

The rain is another issue, but like the old commercial said...nobody fools with mother nature! If it can rain on us at Vegas...there are NO guarantees.

Originally posted by DEL

Chris, the only guy that got booted that I'm aware of was teched for 12's with no roll bar, and ran an 11.68! I personally spoke with the tower, and they allowed him to race the following day.

I "think" it was Gerts from Canada. I saw the timeslip....11.999 and he said he was made to sign some track thing agreeing he wouldn't race at any other NHRA tracks until the car was upgraded. We were sitting by Gene's motorhome at the time....maybe Gene can remember who it was.

Was the person you're talking about Mike Price?

I know someone was hiding....lol....after his pass so he wouldn't be booted. I dunno if the track ever caught up with the hider dude. At least he was able to "hide" among all the TR's.:)

Chris,

It was Mike Price that broke 11.99 with no roll bar. He didn't get caught, that I recall. I know he was so desparate that he hid in his car with the windows rolled-up in the hot sun with full jacket & helmet. We still laugh about it - too funny.

Bill,
With all your recent mods, are you shooting for 10's ?

Thanks Dan.

If the hider dude was Mike, who was the guy I'm thinking of that had to sign some track paper?

The rain is another issue, but like the old commercial said...nobody fools with mother nature! If it can rain on us at Vegas...there are NO guarantees.

Too funny Dave, Great saying! That blew me away Friday night in Vegas when the track was closed due to weather. Who would have thunk it huh!!??

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
Thanks Dan.

If the hider dude was Mike, who was the guy I'm thinking of that had to sign some track paper?

I was told that was Greg, a guy from BC with an orange '69 Camaro. He's a buddy of Gurts'. Does that ring a bell?

We have a total of 2 cars on our roster...not bad since it's only March. Ron Neisler is a faithful Turbo Thunder participant. He has been here for every event.

And now Dan & Denise have company :)

Originally posted by c&cgn
I was told that was Greg, a guy from BC with an orange '69 Camaro. He's a buddy of Gurts'. Does that ring a bell?

My bell has been rung so many times it's now in feeble tinkle mode.:)

That may be it actually....and perhaps it was Gurts who was reciting the story about his buddy. But his buddy must have been there or else Gurts had his time slip....as I did see an 11.999.

It was a buddy of Gurts and mine from Canada, Greg, in his Orange '69 Camaro SS that got the boot for running 11.999. It was his last run on Saturday so he didn't care.

Woodburn is very strict with the 11 second rule. Tech immediately gave Greg the boot and "papered" him for one one-thousanth of a second :eek:

Gurts also got the boot for running in the 11's but Dave somehow got him reinstated for Saturday. Mike Price also ran a couple of 11's but washed the numbers off his windows so they couldn't find him. They were looking though :)

And Gene was warned that if he ran 9' he was gone too. If I remember correctly he was running around 10.20's when he was warned.

Which car you bringing this year Rob?
I stopped by your web page a few weeks ago, nice pics!
Ever since we talked last year, I think how cool it would be to have one of each!
-Gary

Hey Gary,

I'm thinking I'll probably bring the TTA again. There needs to be some contrast in that "Sea of Black" ;). Besides the GN will probably get me a nice letter from NHRA :D. You gonna race that gorgeous GN of yours this year?