Turbo Thunder IV Roster

Cool, look forward to seeing you and that mint TTA specimen!
Yea I'm gonna race - hopefully no BPS problems this year! Dave helped me with some winter mods (cat off, ADJ boost controller, PowerPlate) that I’m hoping will let me into the 12's this year. Any big changes to the TTA since last year? If I remember right you had just purchased it a few days/weeks prior to coming down and were running some impressive numbers with only a few mods right?

No, not that damned 1st place winning TTA again, Rob !!!!!!!!!!!
Man is that one sweeeeeeeeeeet car.

Hopefully we get to line-up for a rematch. Maybe this time I won't redlight :rolleyes:

...And the list grows.

Steve Murdock out of Idaho. Unless I'm mistaken, his 86 T-Type is a twin to mine...so he must be cool! :cool:

And another Turbo Thunder regular, Richard Soon out of Richmond BC. Richard had a John Force-like fire at the finish line last year when he lost an oil filter gasket. He fixed it and was back in action, blistered paint and all! Oh yeah, and he usually makes the 6+ hour trip down from Canada DRIVING his 10 second GN!

102 Days and counting...be there!

Hey Gary, no more changes to the TTA, I'm just leaving this one stock. Good to hear you got your car sorted out. That sucker should run low 12's with some sticky tires and boost!!!!

Dan, it would be great to meet in the final again, so long as you don't cut a 501 light on me like you did to Gurts ;)

Break out the sundials.

That's right ladies and gentleman, I will be there once again this year to slow things down abit. I promise to try to improve over last years times but everytime I fix something on the car this year something else sets me back another step. Maybe if I start un-doing stuff on the car it will start repairing itself.

Sorry, no more Boost Inside sticker on the side window due to un-expected stereo thieves.

Also a friend of mine that owns an 84 T-Type will be there but he will not be racing. Instead he will be spending most of his time taping this event and we will be turning it into a show for the Channel 9 public access channel for St. Helens Or.

Cool deal! I wish someone from one of our local stations would come out and record the event!

WoodBurn Schedule

I just got my first look at the hardcopy of the woodburn schedule.
The mention of "BUICK TURBO" for June 28 is prominently placed at the bottom left of the schedule, very cool. Bad news is they sort of lumped Buick Turbo and Jr. Dragster together ;)

Dave- I finally took your advice and called Red today to order that chip!

Gary

The Canadians are coming!

Got a call from Al Simpson last night. It sounds like we'll have more Canadian cars than ever before. This is excellent!

If you haven't gotten to hang out with the Canadian crowd, they are fun lovin folks. They tend to have fast Buicks that are also show quality. I should know, I bought my car from a guy in Canada.

Gary, good to hear you're getting the chip. Hopefully C-16 has not gone up to much in price!

DEL

Frank & Tammy Shelton are in. Are you sending out registration forms? or did I miss it on the thread.

We made hotel reservations at the same Holiday Inn that we stayed at the last time. Room rate was $69 for the both of us.

FS ummmm

--Ted---

Not going to make it!!!!

I just found out that my daughter's select soccer team is playing in a tournament in Yakima that same weekend! I guess I will not be able to make it this year....:(

Boostedmax...I e-mailed you a copy of the registration form. Feel free to duplicate it, and/or e-mail it to anyone who might be interested.

billsgn, that is a major bummer, but I'm glad to see you have your priorities...kids are only young once as they say.

haha....not too sure about priorities....I'm trying to figure a way out of going to the tournament! ;)

Re: The Canadians are coming!

Originally posted by DEL
Got a call from Al Simpson last night. It sounds like we'll have more Canadian cars than ever before. This is excellent!

If you haven't gotten to hang out with the Canadian crowd, they are fun lovin folks. They tend to have fast Buicks that are also show quality. I should know, I bought my car from a guy in Canada.

Gary, good to hear you're getting the chip. Hopefully C-16 has not gone up to much in price!

I'm in Dave. Sent you an email. Should be a few more guys pretty soon as well. There has been lots of talk about this event at our last few GNRA meetings. Should be lots of fun!

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
Chris,

It was Mike Price that broke 11.99 with no roll bar. He didn't get caught, that I recall. I know he was so desparate that he hid in his car with the windows rolled-up in the hot sun with full jacket & helmet. We still laugh about it - too funny.

Ya
Mike went 11.0,s and never got caught because i told him to wipe his number off and cover the car He he ;)

And we have Gurts Singh from Surrey BC joining the pre-entry list as #7. Gurts listed his best ET as 12.70 @ 106 hmmmmm? :cool:

The party always seems to get a little more out of hand when Gurts comes to town! not that theres anything wrong with that...it keeps us young right? :)

I will be mailing out the check this week and will tell Dennis to do the same:) If it doesnt rain this weekend im going to Bremerton with Dennis and Bill Shultz:D Im leaving my turd on the jack stand were it belongs;) Gurtz is alway a happy guy and kewl to hang out with :) Him and the Soons have a great Canadian outlook on racing and having fun:cool: All those guys in Canada are fun loving people and hope to see alot of them this year. I was talking to a guy i know in Canada today that does fiberglass. He says that guys in the US have dropped orders just because the Canadians didnt support the war... (Like they personaly choose not to support the war) I just wish they would stop bitching about the US dallor LOL Just kidding...I hope the GNRA makes it in full force this year..This time im bringing 2 Honda mintrails for people to ride;) I may even bring 3 so you dont have to walk to the tower everytime somebody without a bar needs you to bail them out LOL:eek: I sure hope Barney Fife wont be handing out tickets again for being .001 into the 11,s :rolleyes:

Is Bill really planning on racing in Bremerton this weekend? My guess is that he will do more racing on the way there than he will on the track. I bet he only gets one pass in before they kick him out for running high 10's without a rollbar!:D
Chris

Hey now....who's to say they'll catch me? ;) :D :D

Actually, I should have my bar today....hopefully I can convince a few friends to help me install it!

Originally posted by billsgn
Hey now....who's to say they'll catch me? ;) :D :D

Actually, I should have my bar today....hopefully I can convince a few friends to help me install it!

Bill, what kind of bar did you go with? Is it a kit?

My bar maker/installer is dragging his feet right now. My car has had the interior pulled and been ready to go in for weeks now :mad: . I'd go somewhere else but the word is that this guy is one of the best around, and the price is pretty damn good too.