You can type here any text you want

1/2" taller upper ball joint

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIKSIX

Question: What effect will the installation of only the 1/2" taller upper ball joint have on cars ride height?
Lower ball joint will remain stock .

thanks in advance.

dave

If the lower a-arm, lower ball joint, spring and spindle are the same, there will be no change in ride height.

If the lower a-arm, lower ball joint, spring and spindle are the same, there will be no change in ride height.

Hmmmm........At the same time I will be installing a set of new lower UMI tubular A arm with delrin bushings that I've had for a while....these have the standard height ball joints in them though. :confused:

thanks,

dave

Hmmmm........At the same time I will be installing a set of new lower UMI tubular A arm with delrin bushings that I've had for a while....these have the standard height ball joints in them though. :confused:

thanks,

dave

The UMI arms don't lower your car so you should be good to go.

But if you do upper and lower 1/2" taller balljoints it will lower the car approximately 7/8" of an inch? So how will just doing the top not lower about half of that? I have both uppers and lowers in my car with eibach springs and it sits lower than when just the springs were done. I "thought " last time I talked to Marcus (sc&c) he said just the tops would drop it alil less than 1/2" , but I could be wrong?

Really would like a conclusive answer on this subject? Can anyone who has front end geometry experience chime in please?

Hmmmm....maybe I should contact Marcus at SC&C?

Thanks,

Dave

Really would like a conclusive answer on this subject? Can anyone who has front end geometry experience chime in please?

Hmmmm....maybe I should contact Marcus at SC&C?

Thanks,

Dave

No, you don't need to contact Marcus, you just need to stop and think for a second.

Things that are above the spindle have no influence on the distance between the spindle and the ground. Things that are below the spindle do. That includes the lower ball joint, lower control arm, and the spring.

Back