You can type here any text you want

1 5/8" solid rear sway bar...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HIGH_ON_BOOST

i got one on my car and was woundering if there was anyone else running this big of a bar, and if they have incountered the same problem i have...

I have a 1 5/8" Herb Adams on my 2+2.

Problems like Crushed and bent Lower Control arms and worn out Bushings on aftermarket boxed arms?

I've encountered this. But if you want to cut out the understeer without running negative 5 degrees of negative camber up front, I guess it's the price you pay.

well my bar is hitting the diff. cover, and acually cracked the bottom of it and now i have a leak. i wanted to know if any had any idea on how to stop it for impacting the diff.

I also run the 1 5/8 Adams bar. What do you have for lower arms? I have about a 1/2" gap between the bar and diff. Either the bar is bent or the arms are. Maybe the front mounting hole on the arm is off?

i also have 1 1/2" lowering springs so i think that might have something to do with it. but the bent arms, could be it. i got the stock control arms and they are alittle beat up. do you know a good place to get OEM replacements? (besides my good friend, the local pick-a-part)

I don't think even boxed OEM replacement Lower Control arms can survive with a big rear sway bar. Maybe if the bushing cups are welded and the swaybar bolt holes have thick wall tubing welded inplace before boxing.

I have a 9" ford, so I don't have to worry about the housing breaking open, but my sway bar will whack the housing if I spin and then it catches. It sounds like someone hitting a Rear axle housing with a 20lb sledge hammer.

I've gone from stock to aftermarket rectangular tube to currie correct track lower control arms and it still bangs. We're still waiting for Marcus to come up with a frame mounded sway bar, so I'm stuck with the banging for now.

i love slicing and dicing through corners, and making all them little imports say "WTF! how did that big ass black car make that turn?". UNGN, i see u got your 2+2 setup for road racing. do u have any tips or tricks on how to set up a well balanced G-body for cornering?

Back