You can type here any text you want

1.5" BMR bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darkcyde

Banned
Anyone run one of these that could chime in with some 60' times? I got one and its heavier then a mother trucker. It makes my hotchkis one looks tiny. Just looking for anyones reaction to this bar, on the STRIP or the STREET.

Mark

I have the BMR antiroll bar on my car with BMR billet lowers and Edelbrock uppers. I have had a 1.52 60ft on a 275/60 M/T which I am putting some Hoosiers on it today to see how the work.

I have the BMR antiroll bar on my car with BMR billet lowers and Edelbrock uppers. I have had a 1.52 60ft on a 275/60 M/T which I am putting some Hoosiers on it today to see how the work.

wow great feedback thank you. this bmr 1.5" bar is huge and freaking heavy. I have hotchkis adj uppers and hotchkis solid lowers, air bags too. I would love a 1.5, but did you get that off your footbrake? Thanks again.

I was typically a 1.56-1.59 with my 78 Malibu running the BMR bar, 10.57@125mph. Foot-braking at 2500 rpm.

I switched to the TRZ ARB, and my 60 is a best of 1.44, 10.49@128mph. Took out about 70 pnds and transbrake launch at 4400 rpm.

I'm sticking with the ATR 1 3/8" bar on my GN for street duty.

Malibu215-1.jpg

I was typically a 1.56-1.59 with my 78 Malibu running the BMR bar, 10.57@125mph. Foot-braking at 2500 rpm.

I switched to the TRZ ARB, and my 60 is a best of 1.44, 10.49@128mph. Took out about 70 pnds and transbrake launch at 4400 rpm.

I'm sticking with the ATR 1 3/8" bar on my GN for street duty.

Malibu215-1.jpg

very trick picture, I hope to be there one day!

I was also thinking about switching to a weld in bar style such as the TRZ bar, but I was wonder what that bar would be like on the street compared to the BMR 1.5" bolt in bar.

Also I noticed you mentioned that on the BMR bar you launched F.B. @ 2500 rpm for a 1.5X 60' time, then when you swtiched to the TRZ bar you launched off the T.B. @ 4400rpm. MY question would be was the extra tenth possible to get from using the BMR and a transbrake with a 4400rpm launch?

thank you again for the posts guys

I would not run an ARB like TRZ or Wolfe on the street. The differencial is physically linked to the bar via two adjustable links, and does not allow the rear to flex as much as necessary to drive on the street. I have been told some guys will disconnect one link to relieve the stress, but it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I dont know of anyone who runs the larger rear swaybar and launches off the transbrake. I'm sure someone here does...anything is possible. Try it and let us know how it goes.

If it ever stops raining here I will let you know. I have the trans back in the car just waiting on a dry day. I wont be leaving at 4400rpm's but I am going to try 10 to 12 psi and see what happens. If I can get around 1.48 to 1.45 I will be happy as my car is lowered and not set up for these big wheels up launch plus it weighs over 3600lbs.

Back