You can type here any text you want

#1 Rad Support Bushing Configuration

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CzyKats44

This is the way.
The 1st pic shows the how it came out of the car along side the way the directions say to put the new ones...

Is that right?

Do I need to reuse that bushing that was on the rad support .... do I need a bushing in the frame like the others?

Attachments

• 1449721183398.jpg
    1449721183398.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 101
Also when the old ones came out, these washers cam out from under the large bushing (sitting on the frame top) obviously for alignment ... If I jack the frame back up to seat the bushing, the bumper comes up too far.

Is this common?

Attachments

• 1449721520980.jpg
    1449721520980.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 90
I have the same issue. I figured the instructions were wrong since the bushings are between the core support and frame, and on top of the core support. Not under the frame like the instructions say. Plus it won't fit that way because of the square hole in the frame. I haven't put in the new set yet, waiting on the transmission to get back before I put the core support back in. I would assume that the larger bushings go under the core support, but they look too thick. I guess it's a trial and error to see what fits. I also had a bunch of washers in there, so I would say that's normal.

I put the core support back in. I would assume that the larger bushings go under the core support, but they look too thick. I guess it's a trial and error to see what fits. I also had a bunch of washers in there, so I would say that's normal.
That's correct. The square hole is covered w/ one of the large washers. This allows for adjusting the ft sheet metal assy, to align w, the doors, etc.
The bolt head is on the bottom, the nut on the top. The added washers are shims to align with.

Good deal guys thanks!!

I was battling original configuration with logic and install instructions from a relatively reliable source.

Back