10.2 @ 134 - video

neat

I video'd a friend at the dragstrip last weekend making some low 10 second passes in his T-Type. He even let me drive it once, lol.

It's not my car so I'm not 100% on the exact details of the build. It's an RCG built 3.8L, zero balance motor, champion aluminum heads, alky control, Precision turbo, turbo tweak chip tune, 3.73 gear, 255 ET street raidals.

This was the first time out with the car with the current round of mods, we were very happy with the times - especially considering the lazy launch. Once the car is dialed in a little more, hopefully it'll go 9.90's.

Last edited:
Great videos and great running car. Should be easy 9's. RC sure knows all about Buick's and how to build them correctly.

Thanks for the positive comments guys! The car is a blast, that's for sure. AC, cruise control, and low 10's on the same tires it drives on. It's a really cool car, drives great, and absolutely hauls the mail.

The car was on 28-29 PSI for these runs, I was very impressed with 135 MPH on 28-29 PSI. With some more boost, and / or more traction, 9's are on the horizon!

Great videos and great running car. Should be easy 9's. RC sure knows all about Buick's and how to build them correctly.

That is the dang truth man, I've been to shop a bunch of times and spent many days out there. The complex is ... Impressive.

I video'd a friend at the dragstrip last weekend making some low 10 second passes in his T-Type. He even let me drive it once, lol.

It's not my car so I'm not 100% on the exact details of the build. It's an RCG built 3.8L, zero balance motor, champion aluminum heads, alky control, Precision turbo, turbo tweak chip tune, 3.73 gear, 255 ET street raidals.

This was the first time out with the car with the current round of mods, we were very happy with the times - especially considering the lazy launch. Once the car is dialed in a little more, hopefully it'll go 9.90's.

Awesome!

First time I hit the drag strip was with no learning curve and with no idea of knowing/anticipating the tree, still ran mid 12's and had a great time losing to my friends. Good times all around.

Awesome!

First time I hit the drag strip was with no learning curve and with no idea of knowing/anticipating the tree, still ran mid 12's and had a great time losing to my friends. Good times all around.

It's a ton of fun, do doubt!

Thanks for the positive comments guys! The car is a blast, that's for sure. AC, cruise control, and low 10's on the same tires it drives on. It's a really cool car, drives great, and absolutely hauls the mail.

The car was on 28-29 PSI for these runs, I was very impressed with 135 MPH on 28-29 PSI. With some more boost, and / or more traction, 9's are on the horizon!
Strong car

No need for more boost to run 9's. Leave with some boost (2 to 3psi and work your way up if it holds) and get those sixty foots down and your there with nothing else changed. Set your tire pressure to 18psi for drag radials, and move a pound lower if it helps. It's not a slick so don't mash the pedal off the hit unless you got really good tires and the track is prepped well. Low 1.4 sixty foot would be all that you would need to get it done. If you get a high 1.3 sixty foot your going to have a 9.80 pass.....

You might get another .2 tenths with 342 gears.. but nice run

We haven't done much work on getting the car to leave. It's still on the footbrake, no two step or anything. We were at 18 PSI in the ET street radials before the burnout. The car tire shakes about 5-6 feet out all the way until the 1-2 shift, so I think we probably need to go up a little in tire pressure as opposed to down, but I'm certainly not opposed to advice on making the car faster!

A little better track prep (or a little more tire) would likely make the difference between a low 10 and a high 9. I think the next time we go out, we might try a different track that is known for a little better prep. If the car won't stick it on a well prepped track we can start to make tire and / or suspension changes.

You might get another .2 tenths with 342 gears.. but nice run

It has 3.42 gears in it now. It is on the limiter in third for the last 10-20 feet of the track, so we either need a taller tire, a little less gear, a bit more RPM, or let it shift into OD.