Staff member
86 gn , last pass made in 2006
93 pump gas and alky ,stock shortblock , 200-4r, no slicks or skinnies
drove to track and back 140mile
weight ~3450-3475

launch 10psi , 1.43 60 '
run 24psi for 4 seconds then 23psi the rest

slips are here
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/at...ut-getting-there-slowly-120306timeslips86.jpg

video (1st and last pass on vid were 4th and 5th run of the day)
Video - A little fun with the Gn's at Atco.

109 stock shortblock , stock pistons rods crank, no caps ,studs ,bolts or girdle
212-208 hydraulic flat tappet
studded ported stock irons , stock rockers and covers, RJC headgaskets
mease plenum , 70mm accufab, stock intake
75# injectors ,stock fuel rail, RTX hotwired injector harness, accufab fuel pressure reg., ATR twin in tank 340s hotwired, stock fuel lines
160 therm , RMI 25-water , fbody rad, valeo dual fans hotwired
champ alt ps bracket , deletes a/c compressor and tensioner , stock pulleys
CAS V2 front mount , 2 1/2 in 3 out
71 GTQ , 70 A/R S cover , precision .85 exh 3 bolt
4" chrome steel inlet pipe (mafless type) with 6x9KN filter 4" inlet
stock exhaust manifolds, poston crossover
ATR SS 3" external gate , test , 2.75 SS TH full length duals ,3" magnaflows
HKS 40mm gate , 5 psi spring , innovative MSBC-1 boost controller
200-4R (good stuff), PTS deep pan , stageright brake, art carr 9" 3600 N/L converter, B&M trans cooler (only)
PTE turbo saver , no oil cooler
AC delco 75 series battery (stock location), stock cs 144 alternator ,reds VB
stock ac delco ign module and coil , MSD DIS-4, MSD 8.5 supercondutor wires
hd chromoly driveshaft , spicer yokes
8.5 rear 3.42, moser spool ,33's ,elims, studs, alum drums, stock upper arms , boxed stock lowers (all stock bushings), HR parts rear sway bar (no front)
stock rr springs (no bags), eibach front (-1"),
nothing fancy about the shocks
276/60-15 MT radial ET streets (drag radials) inflated 22psi (no slicks)
235/50-15 fronts on 15x7 western mesh aum rims (no skinnies)
6 point roll bar (no swingouts), SFI trans blanket, 5 point 3" belts , metco driveshaft loop, steel valve stems

other stuff
vacuum brakes , stock interior pw/dl/tilt /pseat/deck rel/ p-ant/delco cassette , CF hood , token frt and rear bumpers, rr alum support

fuel .
93 wawa gas and alkycontroll PAC dual nozzle (methanol)
engine management
stock ecm (modified drivers for injectors) , turbotweak 5.4 chip , translator+ LT1 3" blow through mass air flow sensor , denso O2
engine monitor /logger
gnx 8 gauge dash ( boost /knock/tach/speedo/volt/water/oil/fuel level
scanmaster 2.1
directscan 1.52
Innovate LM1 wideband

hardly ever get into the throttle on the street , spoolup isnt too bad but there is a delay , gets too hairy too fast at anything above 15psi

oh thanks nordy , i love the vid , the other Gns are hooper and artie on some of thier best passes of the year

So now I have another great recipe to analyze..Do you have any pics of your car and engine bay Paul ?

outside looks like all the other black cars :(
older pic is with no hood emblems and an 87 grill gtas , looks tame enough but it had run 10.5 1.50 60' as pictured on that tire/wheel combo

the hood and bumpers arent stock , carbon fibre hood and stock apearing bupmers with the strips molded in are from Token

now has the emblems and the 86 grill , i have run slicks and telstars at the track but dont run them on the street , it usually rolls on on mesh rims , either 16" gtas or rikens , or western 15" gta style rims

heres pics of the bottom end

Love dem Billet caps......:rolleyes:

Thats Impossible.....you cant be running them times....and all the other 100's and 100's of 10 sec passes with that bottom end...Show us the real picture!!

:biggrin:

i knew you would call me on this :),
i said the same thing when i went to replace the oil pan gasket ,i remeber thinking "funny those billet mains i was told i had look just like stockers , and those studs look just like GM bolts ? "

here the real pic of what im really running all those 100s of 10 sec passes with

i knew you would call me on this :),
i said the same thing when i went to replace the oil pan gasket ,i remeber thinking "funny those billet mains i was told i had look just like stockers , and those studs look just like GM bolts ? "

here the real pic of what im really running all those 100s of 10 sec passes with

Now thats more like it..shame on you for trying to pass off that first pic as the real force behind that black beast...:p

Let this be a lesson to you..."The truth shall set you free"!

...."funny those billet mains i was told i had look just like stockers , and those studs look just like GM bolts ? "

Man didn't you know that stuff like that can never be done. That is until someone steps up and does it!!! Congrats. :D Kinda reminds me of 9 years ago when I was told how F.O.S. I was on the gnttype BB when I ran an 11.16 on a BF Goodrich 275/60-15 (Touring Radial). Even after scanning the timeslip and having multiple witnesses I was still smoking the cheeba. Again congrats, glad to hear you are posting up your results instead of keeping them to yourself. As for the critics, pizz on em, they probably think the lunar landing is all a hoax too.................

Jim C.

thanks B
heres an update
added the ssautochrome headers ( atr copy) , heater box and fresh 275/60s on 15 western mesh (heavy tire wheel combo compared to slicks) put the car at just under #3500

with nothing really changed from atco my bogging at spoolup once i reach about 8psi is back and now im building boost much faster than rpm compared to the stock headers , 10psi is coming up as low as 3300 rpm where it took 4200 .
moved the O2 out of the pressure area before the turbo and moved it to the downpipe (whre i had the WB before), the o2 sensor now reads consistant through the entire run without diving off due to the pressure and temps pre turbo. i was reading 680s through third and now 890 -870 through a run (same sensor) with all the fuel i could take out of my old 5.4 TT chip (3-5% less than my fastes runs) now only at 60% injector at 5850, alky only at 11:00 (thats almost at 3 with razors new contoller label) or just less than mid way .

added LC-1 xd-1 gauge and moved that sensor further down by test pipe but didnt log AF ,

60ft was terrible due to low launch rpm and were in the 1.7s on the first 2 passes . last pass wasnt much better and the top end picking up under 25 so theres more to be had there , last run i took the VB off which didnt seem to lean it down any with 02s in the 870s