10.84 on pump and Alky! (FINALLY!)

brian

Well....
Last weekend I finally arrived in the 10`s in my blue T.:p

After running 107 mph in the 1/8th mile (really about 103 @ other tracks), and blowing off a "homemade" wastegate tube plug and losing it in the weeds 3 weeks ago. I was finally able to return, and get what I have been after for almost a year!:biggrin: I had taken enough abuse (from the Tinman), and decided to turn up the wick to a eyepopping (kidding) :eek: 25psi from my usual (comfortable) 23. This did the trick, as I went a tire shredding :wink: 1.65 60ft on my new 255/60/15 MT drag radials. (27x9ish)

The car was run on pump and alky, and went 10.84 @ 125. I backed it up with an equally tire blistering:tongue: 1.68 the next pass on route to a 10.94, and a quick departure greeting for no roll cage from the track people as I was graciously accepting my time slip.;)

Very nice.

Was this on 91 or 93 oct? O2s, injector duty cycles, Alky setting, single or double alky nozels?

Sory for all the questions. Just trying to get in the tens myself, with 91 oct and alky.

Mike B.

Congrats Brian. Great times for a shabby 60 foot. That thing has mid tens written all over it with a sub 1.5 sixty foot.

Dont you love when they boot you for no cage.:eek: :D It made my day when they did it to me.:cool:

Congrats! I still remember my first 10 sec run.

Whats the next goal? 10.50's?

Bob

Well....
Last weekend I finally arrived in the 10`s in my blue T.:p

After running 107 mph in the 1/8th mile (really about 103 @ other tracks), and blowing off a "homemade" wastegate tube plug and losing it in the weeds 3 weeks ago. I was finally able to return, and get what I have been after for almost a year!:biggrin: I had taken enough abuse (from the Tinman), and decided to turn up the wick to a eyepopping (kidding) :eek: 25psi from my usual (comfortable) 23. This did the trick, as I went a tire shredding :wink: 1.65 60ft on my new 255/60/15 MT drag radials. (27x9ish)

The car was run on pump and alky, and went 10.84 @ 125. I backed it up with an equally tire blistering:tongue: 1.68 the next pass on route to a 10.94, and a quick departure greeting for no roll cage from the track people as I was graciously accepting my time slip.;)

It's ALL in the trans! :cool:
NICE runs and thanks for sharing!

Congrats Brian!!! Looks like Ol' Blue is starting to fly!! :biggrin:

Scot W.

Congratulations Brian!

What kind of transmission are you using and who built it?:p :biggrin: ;)

Was this on 91 or 93 oct? O2s, injector duty cycles, Alky setting, single or double alky nozels?

Sory for all the questions. Just trying to get in the tens myself, with 91 oct and alky.

Mike B.

I only use a Scanmaster for tuning. So I can not tell you the duty cycle.
But, that is on 93 octane, single nozzle, and alky on 6 3/4. The alky box is set on the settings as received from Razor. 23 degrees timing thru the run as my trans has no wiring inside to drop timing to 21 in 3rd.

Congrats! I still remember my first 10 sec run.

Whats the next goal? 10.50's?

Bob

I think the car on a real track besides Lapeer (Lasmear) would yeild a much better 60 ft. I think a 10.5 could be done for sure, as this car is pretty light.
The biggest thing holding the car back is the stock cam that is advanced 4 degrees!:) With a cam in the 212 range the car should run much better. The rpms are at 5500 through the traps, and I know the cam is rally not helping.

If I get froggy, I may swap cams. But, for now, it just runs to good.

Thanks to all for your support, and compliments.

ps. My trans guy is very hard to get along with. He is never there for me.;)

Congrat's Brian !!

Brian,

I figured you just needed a little friendly encouragement(AKA: Big brotherly abuse&harassment) about running a bit( Alot) more boost to "safely" reach your ET goal.:biggrin:
I'm proud of you & happy for you. No better way to end the race season than by reaching your goal. And running 10.84 @125 with a very mild pump gas/alky tune and relatively low boost( Opps! there I go again) is an Awesome run, man!
I knew you could do more than just build the most AWESOME 200-r4 trans on the planet!!
CONGRATS !!.............Your persistance has paid off !!;)

Al
TinMan Performance Products

87 GN....Original Factory stock longblock.......TA-62 turbo,CAS-F/mnt, TinMan Cold air
intake system,Hemco upper Plnm,Translator+, Bob Bailey Chip, 200r4 trans by BRIAN HOFER...........10.68et @ 124.72 mph

CONGRATS BRIAN!!!!!
Awesome times!!!

I've been back on the road for a couple of weeks -
just in time to put it in the garage for winter:mad: :mad: :mad: j/k sorta

Give My KUDOs to your Tranny Builder...:biggrin: :eek: