You can type here any text you want

109 Stroker

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Is The Stroker Kit Worth It In A 109. With All And A Girdle Do They Hold Together Well. Would A Stroker Be Better For The 109 Or A Prodution 4.1?

Im thinking a 4.1 maybe with just billet caps and a forged crank. I have all my shortblock parts together for a 4.1 274" stroker at $3000. with roller cam, carillo 6.5" rods, cat crank 3.625, 3 billet caps, forged Ross 4.00" pistons

Havent done any of the machine work yet- pretty soon-still deciding if or not i should put a girdle-im thinking without. i ll be getting it cleaned,magged,sonically checked and bored with torque plates this month. i might go with a 218/218 comp roller set up and 1.65 s on the intakes and 1.55 s on the exhaust for alittle more on the intake side. I already have a 224/224 comp roller for my stage 2 but want to use the production 4.1 more on the street-what do you think. A new set of champion irons will also be going on the #4291 block along with a BGC intake. and 75 lb injectors, 3500 stall converter,T-70 turbo and a front mount.

I hope you guys are talking a stage 2 4.1 blocks, as the production 4.1 block are weak and pretty much useless in our turbo cars.

I hope you guys are talking a stage 2 4.1 blocks, as the production 4.1 block are weak and pretty much useless in our turbo cars.

Shawn, I believe they are talking about a production 4.1. Because I wouldn't think one could have stage 2 shortblock parts for $3k....but I could be wrong. :)

Yes- we were talking about #4291 4.1 production blocks, do you have any solid information that the 4.1 production block is any weaker than say a 84/85 turbo block or a 6109 na block that both have been in the tens with. my theory is that with the extra cubic inches i wouldn t need to run much boost- maybe 18-21 psi which i dont believe would be too much stress on a 4.1 production block, Dan Stezo told me that a well built billet capped forged crank ,carillo forged rods, good set of forged pistons and balanced assembly combo could be good to 700-800 HP. does anyone on here have any real world experience with these? Id like to find out exactly how many people on this board are actually running the 4.1 production block in a turbo buick. I hear about more and more everyday.

Your project...

seems very sound to me, I thought about trying the same thing. but my son now is thinking about destroking instead to try for higher rpm's? It's an idea, but we are busy on another project at present. The 4.1 is a 553 block, .020" over. have both caps and girdle for it. hopefully will get back to it before the end of the year!?:eek: Pulling out the 109 stroker motor to go thru it and replacing it w/the std 109 so it can still be driven.
eep us informed on your progress. This stuff can sure get expensive!:eek: :frown:

Nope no actual proof i can speak of. I do know the producion 4.1s are weak in the lifter galley area have it checked out maybe you're idea will work.

Do you speak from internet experience?:rolleyes:

No I speak from 25+ years of BUICK experience. I've been a Buick guy since the early 80s, Many people here know me and know I know what I speak of.

I read somewhere that the 4.1 diesel blocks are enough for 9's. Or maybe 4.1 diesel cranks.

Back