11.11 @ 120 stock long block

TURBOTIMMER

60 ft was 1.59. Stock unopen 59k mile motor, stock D5 converter. Car is a full weight, heavily optioned GN.
Mods are:
-62mm throttle body
-LT1 valve springs
-TA-61 with garrett .63 housing
-stock maf with no screens
-4" K&N cone filter behind the front bumper
-old a$$ action fab 15 row stretch ic
-55lb injecters with Red's race chip 26 deg of timing
-xp pump hotwired
-thdp and 2 1/2'' exhaust
-S-10 wheel cylinders
-pass side airbag
-28"x9" MT et drags
-15"x9" rear, 15"x4" front monocoque racing wheels

This was at BG last year during t&t. All runs were made through the exhaust. Boost was at 28-30. I locked the converter before it went to 3rd gear. O2s were at .820s, still a bit rich. It went 11.19 at 119.38 with the stock steel wheels, 009 injecters, and a JL 110 race chip.

great times an mph

is your timing at 26 deg the hole pass ?
an what's your rpm threw the traps ?

thanks jay

yup, 26 deg. Rpm through the traps was right around 5400. It went 121 on another pass, but it was wasted by a bad 60ft.

Omg this has to be the best pass Ive ever seen on an unopened block, talk about factory freak or is it just plain ole buick power!!!:cool:

Hey turbotimer, did you run the car before the 62mm throttle body, & LT1 valve springs? my car is basic like yours except i dont have that turbo, and im going much, much slower. I'm just curious if these do alot for the car and if I should buy one or both upgrades or if there was really little difference in your car. what ya think:)

Thanks, Joe

By the way fantastic times with an unopened motor, possibly the fastest!!

Static Fuel Pressure

Do you recall what your "static (line off) fuel pressure" was when you ran this configuration.Also is your statement of "1 xp pump & hotwire" without fuel line alterations correct? Thanks

I think the valve springs helped out alot. Seems like the car died at about 4200-4500 before the valve spring change. I'm not sure how much the throttle body helped. I did a couple of other things at the same time. I think if you bellmouth the stock throttle body, you would be fine.

So where the valve springs 100lbs or ? also what did the valve springs raise your power band too about? and what did you mean by bell mouth the throttle body?

Thanks bro, Joe.

Do you recall what your "static (line off) fuel pressure" was when you ran this configuration.Also is your statement of "1 xp pump & hotwire" without fuel line alterations correct? Thanks

fuel pressure was set at 35psi with the line off. It was still running a bit rich. No mods to the fuel lines.

So where the valve springs 100lbs or ? also what did the valve springs raise your power band too about? and what did you mean by bell mouth the throttle body?

Thanks bro, Joe.

they were the ones that Kirban's sells.They used to advertize them as 100lb LT1 springs. It was still pulling at 5400. but that's as high as I've had it. I'm sure that the stock cam and heads are the bottleneck at this point.

Before I had the tb opened up to 62mm, I opened up the inlet with a dyegrinder. Its got a real blunt edge where the air enters it. I would do this before you spend the extra $$$ to have it ported. Alot of guys go real fast through a stock tb.

Is your rearend still bone stock? Foot break launch or trans break? and at what boost level did you leave?

Joe

No tranny brake. Launched it at 10-12 lbs of boost. Could have probably launched at 20lbs of boost if it didn't take a month to spool:biggrin:

Rear end was stock at the time. Now has 28 spline moser axles and an Eaton posi.