114 octane and ac o2 sensors?

SpeednV6

Fuel Pressure Gauges
I plan to have some fun when I street race:D I want to add 5 gal. of 114 octane to my 100 octane. How will this affect my o2 sensor? Will it crap it out in one day? How long could I use it like this?
Thx:confused:

With bluetops, switching to a Thrasher 108, your O2 may die, but you won't care, because it won't really effect how the car runs.

I'd watch my O2's die and then slowly come back to life (running unleaded thru the car) while performance never suffered. I would only switch O2's once a season and only then for tuning purposes (not that I ever cared what the O2 said, being more concerned with knock)

gggrrreeeaaattttt:cool:

Hey UNGN. I just received my Scanmaster today. When I put back my turbo, What values at idle should I be concerned with?

UNGN, great info! I am kind of at this point also. Just getting ready to tune with some 110 and the trans plus. I had not heard of the O2's coming back to life with the unleaded. I did save my O2 that died from the time I raced. And I understand the knock part, I watch the kr closer since I hear a lot of people talk about how the O2's are not overly accurate.

Get an EGT gauge and use that to tune. You will need an open loop chip to run a bad 02 sensor.

O2s and stuff

I buned up my O2 while running c-16 in my car and my scanmaster was reading all kinds of crazy low #s with no knock , so from my experiance when guys say about those #s is its just a tunning reference point , i may be a little skewed here but 02s at WOT dont mean much , i ran all day the car keep coding i just reset the computer and keep running . If im off the mark here someone pitch in .:)

Since you are planning to do a blend anyways, why not use Xylene? It has a higher octane number (117) & won't hurt the O2 sensor like leaded gas can/will do.

Try a search on Homebrew or Xylene for the recipes :)

Doug C.

The car will run like crap when you are not at WOT with a bad 02 sensor. It will get bad gas mileage and run rich or lean, because the 02 sensor can't correct it. A open loop chip has the values plugged in, so it ignores the 02 signals.

6PACK, I have the extender chip so I can run open loop if the O2 goes bad. The EGT is next on my list, I just tried to buy a used one. I will probably get it when I get the SMC alky later this year.

EGT'S

EGT's are where its at. I have learned that by cross referencing my O2's with EGT's.

Despite what anyone else says about their heated O2 lasting 2 years and still working great, I don't believe it for a second.

With a brand new fresh heated O2 sensor my car read 760mv @ 1635* EGT. After numerous passes at the same setting the O2's were reading 800-820 and the EGT's were still the same. C16 poison's O2 sensors, heated or not. It doesn't matter if you try to preheat them to a couple minutes before starting the car either. I did that too. The cross counts seem normal, it goes into closed loop fairly quickly, but the readings become skewed after the leaded gas gets to them.