120->160...Anything Between?

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Are those the only choices? 140 or 150???
Conrad

I run Bosch 150s in my stage car. If you don't run a stand alone management, don't buy anything larger than 120s because Eric can't make a chip for them.

9's should be ok for me. I am running FAST XFI.
Conrad

jdpolzin said:
I run Bosch 150s in my stage car. If you don't run a stand alone management, don't buy anything larger than 120s because Eric can't make a chip for them.

Are you trying to challenge him? :)

Are you trying to challenge him? :)

No I've been trying to get him to do chips for larger injectors for quite a few years but without the car in his hands, it's just going to happen. The FAST system in my Stage car is a nice piece but it's complicated and costly to have other people tune it all the time. I'm comfortable with Eric's chips and usually they are dead on. Believe me, I'd much rather run a chip in my car. So, in the meantime, I'm just going to keep plugging away with this XFI and keep trying to learn it.

The FAST system in my Stage car is a nice piece but it's complicated and costly to have other people tune it all the time.

What are they charging you to tune it all the time? If you pay to get your car tuned, then it should be just that, TUNED. It shouldn't need re-tuning over and over unless you are making a bunch of changes. It's all about customer support.

HighPSI said:
What are they charging you to tune it all the time? If you pay to get your car tuned, then it should be just that, TUNED. It shouldn't need re-tuning over and over unless you are making a bunch of changes. It's all about customer support.

Cal tuned my car going on two years ago, hardly even have the laptop in it, best $ spent for me.

Just making a general statement. Once my car is complete and the fuel system is in it, you'll be tuning it.

I'm simply saying that I like Eric's chips and they are easy to use. Obviously there is a lot more tunability with the FAST. But, if your not familiar with the FAST, it's not as user friendly as the chips. The chips are just simple and easy and it would be great if Eric was able tomake chips for our larger injectors.

I was kind of cracking a joke and didn't mean to pour salt in a wound. Eric hastild me before that 160's are tough to burn chips for. I'm definitely not an expert but i'm sure it's tough to get the fueling and stuff right for 120's when these cars originally had injectors rated for less than 25% of that. I look at what Eric and Bob do with chips for these cars as the equivalent of making an atari 2600 able to play "Angry Birds"!!! No small feat and impossible for many. I'll be the first to agree that TurboTweak chips are extremely user friendly! I only hope that one day i'll be maxing 120's and trying to figure out whether to tackle FAST or not.

Goold luck with it and i hope cal gets you fixed up.

I'll bet Eric can do it. 160's on E-85 are just a little more than 95's on gasoline