130mph on stock original unrebuilt shortblock!!

BigChinooks

Went to the track on Monday and got my best mph ever,129.08 and next pass 130.19!(103.73mph in the 8th).
Too bad i can't get it to 60 foot yet 1.915 best.
This was done with a factory shortblock......all original never apart bearings/rings/pistons/rods/maincaps etc!
I do have ported iron heads and a roller cam with stock rockers.

I have over 5 years of drag racing on this motor and when it was completly original (org unported heads and intake),i ran 11.1s@119mph,1.54 60 foot with it!
Best et with smaller turbo was 10.84@126mph+1.63 60 foot.

I need to address the lack of 60 foot though,comes on strong at 100 feet or so.
Maybe a transbrake,higher stall converter,smaller exhaust housing,and a change in pinion angle will help.
For what its worth,with the same combo using the stock ecm i could only get 125mph out of it (chip problems).......switched to dfi and with some street tuning and getting the hang of it i picked up 5mph!

That was my goal 130mph on the original short!!

Mike. :D

Let me the first to just say DAMN! That is some wicked MPH out of an untouched orig block. There is a write up of Tim What'shisnuts on www.gnttype.org about him running in the 10s on an orig, untouched short block. No one believed him till it was torn down by I believe Nick Micale.

Congrats again!!

I am pretty sure he got it in the high10s with an untouched complete motor before blowing a head gasket.

When i had a completly untouched motor i ran 11.1s consistant then blew a headgasket which promted me to bolt on ported heads/intake and install a roller cam in 1999.
I am still using the same shortblock!

Mike.

Thanks Guys!!

Ritchie,with my combo the chip was rich out of the hole,although i am still not 60 footing well at all.

Mike.

What size turbo??

Intercooler???

Injectors??? Fuel pump??

Torque converter??

Who's chip??

Thanks, would like to know in comparing to mine. :)

Congrads!!

Congrats that is awesome!

One guy named Brad went 10.70's @129mph with his 3900+lb GN that had a factory shortblock a while back and Orlando has run 10.11 @134mph with his 3500+lb GN that also has a factory shortblock (stock crank, rods, pistons, and also the factory main caps but they have changed the bearings as far as I know)......

who is this "Orlando" guy? some mythical unicorn everyone with a GN is trying to mesure up too?

Dathan

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
who is this "Orlando" guy? some mythical unicorn everyone with a GN is trying to mesure up too?

Dathan

If you say so........

God forbid I mention his name on here when discussions such as this one start...... It always gets a response from somebody such as yourself...... Never fails:rolleyes:

no, just Brick's hero!

Orlando also runs a cool box on his intercooler which is worth a bunch of HP

his car is irrelevant as far as the average TR

John Gallina picks up 2 sec in the 1/4 when his cool box is full of ice...........and of course he uses one because it is the single most efficient way to cool the incoming charge!

if Orlando's car were to run with the typical air to air, he would be at least .5 or better slower than he is, maybe more

let's talk about the real world, Brick!

( an ice filled box surrounding your intercooler is a very big deal with a turbo motor....)

Originally posted by azgn
no, just Brick's hero!

Orlando also runs a cool box on his intercooler which is worth a bunch of HP

his car is irrelevant as far as the average TR

John Gallina picks up 2 sec in the 1/4 when his cool box is full of ice...........and of course he uses one because it is the single most efficient way to cool the incoming charge!

if Orlando's car were to run with the typical air to air, he would be at least .5 or better slower than he is, maybe more

let's talk about the real world, Brick!

( an ice filled box surrounding your intercooler is a very big deal with a turbo motor....)

Dude you are so full of sh!t it's not even funny!!!!!:eek:

You are comparing John Gallina's IC that he uses on his 7 second car to the one Orlando uses on his low 10 second car and really there is no comparison at all when you consider all Orlando uses is a factory IC with a welded on cool box..... He seems to think that his car will be just as fast with a FM IC when you consider how inefficient the factory IC core is..... Of course an ignorant POS like you would never consider that though!:rolleyes:

Edit..... i am just gunna ingnore you from this point on brick.

thanks have a nice night

Hey you two are the guys that started sh!t with me so if you can't take the heat get the fock out of the kitchen........

I'm done with this thread and I would really appreciate it if both of you guys ignored me!