130mph on stock original unrebuilt shortblock!!

Originally posted by azgn
I'll take pics 17 & 18!

Where in the world do they let you ran that fast without a roll bar??

LOL oopps.......thought some guys might like that surprise!
It was during a track rental,so i got away with no cage.
The short block is all gm original(never apart)minis the stock cam.

Mike

my vote for 17 and 18 also.:eek: :D :cool: Please tell me its not your gf. The GN and the boat are enuff for you.;)

Ya, i am trying to sell the boat so i can concentrate on my car!
Anyone interested in a 22 foot Lund Baron??
Or maybe sell the car and keep the boat!
But i am leaning towards keeping the car especially since i have 2 other motors laying around!
One is a complete stage 2 headed motor and the other is a m@a headed built stocker.
I have to sell something........funds are REAL low since i lost my job.

GNSCOTT Nice pic of your stage 2!!
Mike.

I think you are dodging the question at hand!! Who owns the big headlights on the car in picture #17 & 18??
Must be HIDs, lots of output there!:D

Originally posted by Taffy
I think you are dodging the question at hand!! Who owns the big headlights on the car in picture #17 & 18??
Must be HIDs, lots of output there!:D

I wish i knew....a couple pics from the net.(depressed)lol.
Hope the gf does'nt see this.........LOL
What are HIDS??

My 45k mile bone stock shortblock GN went 10.57@127.1mph with a 1.53 60 ft and a 6.74@103.3mph 1/8th mile. Yes it was a billet roller cam, but I only used a 66 P-trim BB turbo @ 25lbs of boost. I DON'T keep it in that state of tune all the time, but with 114 octane and what I consider "normal" tune it will go 10.90s-11.00s all day. It's been this way for 3 years and I've never even lost a head gasket (yet, and I have had other small issuse like we all do). I actually had more mph left in that pass as I never shifted into 4th. For the last 3.5 seconds of the run rpm level just fluctuated between 5900 and 6000 rpm. Had I shifted I would have picked up 1-2 mph and maybe .05 seconds, but hey, I'm not complaining lol :)

I have to keep asking this question, but how much does your car weigh?? (epitome)

this is something I guess we should all include...it is the single most important piece of info when we are talking about drag strip times

Originally posted by azgn
I have to keep asking this question, but how much does your car weigh?? (epitome)

this is something I guess we should all include...it is the single most important piece of info when we are talking about drag strip times
Good point!
My car ran through dual exhaust (bgc exhaust,2.75 inch with 3 inch flowmasters).
My weight is mentioned above.
I am thinking of dropping the exhaust and running a fenderwell dump and also installing my transbrake.
I also have a .63 exhaust housing that should help with spooling issues.
I think i may be able to squeeze another 1-2mph out of it if everything is right!
I may creep up on the timing as well because i have it relatively low.
I may also play around with the fuel and timing on the map where i would be building boost.
That was my first time to the track with the dfi so i am quite happy with my results.
Oh one other thing,i noticed my k&n filter is very soft........i am quite sure it is collapsing under high boost pressures.
I am going to look into some of the newer air filters that are on the market!

Mike.

Here is some odd and end info:
Weight=3370 + me (175), so 3500 and change
Full stock body and bumpers
8 inch rim and only 9 inch Hoosier slick
no roll bar (until now, I just had a bar put in and notched the frame).
Wolfracecraft sway bar
FAST with 26* timing advance
214/210 billet roller cam
Champion Iron Heads
Through full dual 3" exhaust
:)

Did I read this correctly? The car in question has a 76, ported heads (big valves?) and billet roller cam (rockers too?) and only (no pun) goes 131 MPH? I just saw a car do that with a less than stock short block and stock cam with a 66 last week:eek: When I got my first GN back in 1991 Bob Armstrong was tickling 129 MPH with a stock bottom end with a 61:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Intercooler
Did I read this correctly? The car in question has a 76, ported heads (big valves?) and billet roller cam (rockers too?) and only (no pun) goes 131 MPH? I just saw a car do that with a less than stock short block and stock cam with a 66 last week:eek: When I got my first GN back in 1991 Bob Armstrong was tickling 129 MPH with a stock bottom end with a 61:eek: :eek:

This thread stinks.

Intercooler............the whole point is going 130mph with an unrebuilt shortblock!!
That means no steel main/studs etc!
Cam is not billet,and running stock rockers.
Only goes 131.............keep smokin the crack,i assume your car must run 140mph plus with a gm stock never apart shortblock since mine "ONLY goes 130"!

Ted a--"this thread sucks",i assume you mean intercoolers comments and not the whole thread.

I give you props for 130 but what I was talking about was "totally" stock parts examples. Actually I think Bob hit 134 at one point but can't remember that far back....he then cracked a main cap. That was totally stock pieces. The other guy.... Derek did it with a totally stock motor with .040" hyperutectic pistons which most consider "less" than stock. These were on 60 series turbos. Same cars with 76's would have went 140, yes. I didn't make a claim for myself here! Props but not earth shattering. MPH only counts if you own a Supra anways:D

I give you props for 130 but what I was talking about was "totally" stock parts examples. Actually I think Bob hit 134 at one point but can't remember that far back....he then cracked a main cap. That was totally stock pieces. The other guy.... Derek did it with a totally stock motor with .040" hyperutectic pistons which most consider "less" than stock. These were on 60 series turbos. Same cars with 76's would have went 140, yes. I didn't make a claim for myself here! Props but not earth shattering. MPH only counts if you own a Supra anways:D

Ok,anyway you admit that you "can't remember that far back"but you certainly remember that he ran those numbers with a never apart shortblock???
Also if Derek had .040 pistons that means his motor was rebuilt.
Your theory on turbos means that if i put a 106 on my car it will run 180or so,correct?? :confused:

Originally posted by BigChinooks

Ted a--"this thread sucks",i assume you mean intercoolers comments and not the whole thread.

Not at all toward you. It is all the fighting going on. Simple thread, shouldn't be like this.

E-mail me, I have some info you might be interested in, I would say it here, but I might get flamed because I don't know what I'm talking about. :D

Ted

I give you props for 130 but what I was talking about was "totally" stock parts examples.

That is what i am talking about,with the exception of my cam,and ported iron heads and intake.
If you are saying that "Bob" went 134mph with a complete stock motor(stock cam,unported heads,intake)i say impossible!
I have been there and best i could do was 11.1s@119mph at 30psi with a te63.

Wasn't your opened? Or should we be saying stock pieces? Bob Armstrong's was unopened. Tim Stockwells was unopened and also a 61. No, what you could do though is put a 61-66 on and still get those numbers with a little less than a 1.9 60 ft. Anything over a 70 gets hard to spool without a break using a 3.8 motor. I think someone already tried an 88 on a stock block but didn't get a whole bunch more MPH out of it. You have some big Cajones to even try a 76:eek: The guys I spoke of did leave me in a bit of awe. I think Stockwell has left everyone in awe for a long time. The next one thing to make my jaw drop will be someone going 140 with a "small" turbo. Then I will be:eek: :eek:

Ted,

I wasn't trying to get anyone going, just stating my opinion so don't take it wrong. Seems everyone gets touchy when someone sees things differently. Just because it may not awe the heck out of me makes no difference in what he accomplished....which I said great! Wasn't Stockwell's untouched? Okay....enough of my input.