130mph on stock original unrebuilt shortblock!!

My motor has not been apart,with the exception of installing a different camshaft (front cover was off for that)and installing ported heads.
So my shortblock minis the cam is 16 year old original rings,bearings,pistons,main caps,main bolts,rods,rod bolts and so on!
Yes i could put on a smaller turbo and run 40psi of boost and get the same numbers.But why??
There is more to it then you think!
For example,i could run a smaller turbo and crank up the timing,but i prefer low timing and a bigger turbo.
Its all about tuning and not blowing up!!

Ted,i sent you an email!
Intercooler,comparing apples to apples..........
When i had the same untouched complete motor i ran consistant 11.1s@119mph 1.54 60 foot,that was in 99.
Tim made it into the high 10s a few times before taking out the head gaskets.
I blew a head gasket as well and then decided to install ported iron heads and intake and a camshaft.
Still using the same shortblock to this day and it has NEVER blown up!

Mike.

Originally posted by Epitome
My 45k mile bone stock shortblock GN went 10.57@127.1mph with a 1.53 60 ft and a 6.74@103.3mph 1/8th mile. Yes it was a billet roller cam, but I only used a 66 P-trim BB turbo @ 25lbs of boost. I DON'T keep it in that state of tune all the time, but with 114 octane and what I consider "normal" tune it will go 10.90s-11.00s all day. It's been this way for 3 years and I've never even lost a head gasket (yet, and I have had other small issuse like we all do). I actually had more mph left in that pass as I never shifted into 4th. For the last 3.5 seconds of the run rpm level just fluctuated between 5900 and 6000 rpm. Had I shifted I would have picked up 1-2 mph and maybe .05 seconds, but hey, I'm not complaining lol :)

I witnessed the pass @ Atco, NJ. Ted was so happy he packed it in and went home:D
Great run....

Artie