You can type here any text you want

16'' GNX or 17'' CCW classics with Eldelbrock 52005 pro touring kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EricB

Supporting Vendor
Asking for some input on a ground up restoration.
Car is a 87 GN and I am looking for a slightly raked stance and I don't want 15'' wheels (I don't like the tall sidwall look) But I don't know what size tire or rim I will be able to run after the Pro touring kit is installed. Has anyone here installed the complete Eldelbrock kit? Is there something better then the 52005 kit for our cars? :confused:
Also will the car sit level or will it have some rake,Will the front sway bar clear a Precision Stock Location Stretch Intercooler?
Any suggestions?

Car is a 87 GN and I am looking for a slightly raked stance and I don't want 15'' wheels (I don't like the tall sidwall look) But I don't know what size tire or rim I will be able to run after the Pro touring kit is installed. Has anyone here installed the complete Eldelbrock kit? Is there something better then the 52005 kit for our cars? :confused:
Also will the car sit level or will it have some rake,Will the front sway bar clear a Precision Stock Location Stretch Intercooler?
Any suggestions?

EricB,

A lot of options for you out there. I would recommend the 17 inch CCWs (they make some nice wheels). I am partial to the LM5 myself: Complete Custom Wheel - Wheel Profiles

As far as suspension, there are some straight bolt on kits available, or you can take a different path like JDPolzin and I did (my details are in my sig).

The car can be made to sit level or with some rake. I have used spacers under my springs to dial in the ride height I want. My ideal setup would consist of coil over springs to get the ride height exactly where I would want it to be.

As for rims, I would recommend a 17x9.5 on the back (4.75 backspacing with a 275/40 or 285/40 tire), and a 17x8 up front (4.5 inch backspacing with a 234/45 or 245/45 tire). This width/backspacing will be bolt on without any trimming required or rubbing at all, and allows you to put big brakes on the front later without worrying about how much the brake kit you buy changes with track width on the front of you car.

There are some pushing 10 inch rims on the back with 9.5 inch rims on the front, so you have many options. I personally like the look of a bit smaller rim on the front of the car than the back has.

Good luck with your choices. Here is a pic of mine only slightly lowered with 17s on it.

c3b2b2c6.jpg

^^^
Those wheels look fantastic on your car.

You should really organize your tools better on that back wall. :)

^^^
Those wheels look fantastic on your car.

You should really organize your tools better on that back wall. :)

Darn, you must have noticed those shiny new offset wrenches laying on my workbench that I haven't decided where to hang yet. I'll get right on that...(LOL)...

A lot of options for you out there. I would recommend the 17 inch CCWs (they make some nice wheels). I am partial to the LM5 myself: Complete Custom Wheel - Wheel Profiles

As far as suspension, there are some straight bolt on kits available, or you can take a different path like JDPolzin and I did (my details are in my sig).

The car can be made to sit level or with some rake. I have used spacers under my springs to dial in the ride height I want. My ideal setup would consist of coil over springs to get the ride height exactly where I would want it to be.

As for rims, I would recommend a 17x9.5 on the back (4.75 backspacing with a 275/40 or 285/40 tire), and a 17x8 up front (4.5 inch backspacing with a 234/45 or 245/45 tire). This width/backspacing will be bolt on without any trimming required or rubbing at all, and allows you to put big brakes on the front later without worrying about how much the brake kit you buy changes with track width on the front of you car.

There are some pushing 10 inch rims on the back with 9.5 inch rims on the front, so you have many options. I personally like the look of a bit smaller rim on the front of the car than the back has.

Good luck with your choices. Here is a pic of mine only slightly lowered with 17s on it.

c3b2b2c6.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice looking Wheels. I called CCW today and talked to them about a set of 17x10's and 17x9's, with gloss black centers and not the brushed black centers. I'm looking at $3,545.00 with tires center caps and lug nuts. I don't think that's to bad because GNX style wheels alone are $1,680 PLUS 600.00 core! and I still have to buy tires center caps and lugnuts.

Just to let everyone know, Summit racing will price match. I found a Eldelbrock 52005
Pro touring kit for $1,304.75, summit matched the price and shipped for $100.00.
Autoparts dealer.com wanted $150.00 for shipping.
I can't wait to get this car finished!

17" CCW wheels all the way! They are killer wheels with custom backspacing and you will have a much better choice of tire brands and sizes with 17's. I really like the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's or Cup's. I would go with SC&C on front and HRpartsNstuff Insane rear control arms and their adjustable rear sway bar. Be sure to put some killer Baer brakes on the car (they are now a sponsor here) to help highlight the wheels. Tell Baer what you plan to run and they can match the proper master cylinder to your car. Hydroboost to put a stop to things. Don't go crazy with super stiff springs...let the sway bars do the work and you will have a comfy ride AND great handling.
Conrad

Any suggestions?

If your looking for something better, I would consider the SC&C stuff.

Back