You can type here any text you want

16"x5" GNX style front wheels...(pictures and a question...)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Does someone knows how to move this thread from here to the "BRAKES, SUSPENSION, TIRES & WHEELS" section which is more appropriate?

Thanks!

Claude.:wink:

Not sure

I can't stand them, I think u should just sell them to me! ;) Really those are just right.

Make sure the "load rating" of the skinny front tires is up to the task! Is it at least equal to that of the original equipment tire? Of course, the original equipment tire spec is probably totally inadequate for acceleration runs (and stops) at the strip! What is the speed rating of the skinny tire? How does that match up with your trap speed? Be very, very, very careful!!!!!

Blow-outs can kill you!

Conrad

Speed ratings are determined by 3 primary factors:

Heat-build-up within a particular compound

of a particular size of a particular tire & tread design

during specific sustained speeds

over a specific amount of time.

HTH

Conrad, the front tires I chose are not like those M/T or Moroso "front runners" style tires...they're Hankook standard DOT approved all season radial tires, P205-65-R16's, treadwear = 700, traction = A temperature = B, (see picture) used everyday on a wide variety of cars. They might look like drag skinnies, but don't worry, I'm very confident that they're safe...
Thanks for your concern though!...:redface:

Claude :wink:

P.S: I plan to have these front wheels redone with a more positive rear spacing...(wheel more tucked towards the inside...) Right now, I find the wheel lip too wide for a 5" wide front wheel...:rolleyes:

Make sure the "load rating" of the skinny front tires is up to the task! Is it at least equal to that of the original equipment tire? Of course, the original equipment tire spec is probably totally inadequate for acceleration runs (and stops) at the strip! What is the speed rating of the skinny tire? How does that match up with your trap speed? Be very, very, very careful!!!!!

Blow-outs can kill you!

Conrad

The load Rating on a 205/60R16 would be at least 1300 lbs/tire and many are V rated.

The load rating on a 205/65 is over 1500 lbs a tire and is within a few #'s of the factory 215/65's.

Neither of these tires are any where near traditional $35 "skinnies" like 165/80R15's that some of the "Big/Little" crowd is known to run.

Update...the 5" wide GNX front wheels that we talked about in this whole thread are now FOR SALE as I bought some other wheels and I now have too many wheel sets for the same car!...:biggrin: ...They're already advertised in the "parts for sale" section, but if you like, make me an offer...
Thanks,

Claude. :smile:

Back