You can type here any text you want

16"x5" GNX style front wheels...(pictures and a question...)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Here are some pictures of the 16"x5" GNX style wheels I had made to run skinny-type front tires on the street...
Now, this is my question: What tire size should I use?...I thought of P205-65-16 or maybe P215-65-16's...?:confused:

what do you guys think?

Any suggestion is appreciated!
Thanks,

Claude :wink:

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid that a 195 will be too low...I'm looking for a tire with a diameter close to 26"...

Claude

Those are very nice, I would love to see them installed.

Those rims look very nice, which company built those for you. I have some rear GTA wheels and wanted to have a 0 offset 8 inch rims done.
Thanks

I'm tempted to get some Hankook "Optimo H727" 's ...they do have some P205-65-16's with a diameter of 26.5"...what do you guys think of that choice?

Claude :)

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid that a 195 will be too low...I'm looking for a tire with a diameter close to 26"...

Claude

205/60 has a ton of options and are 25.7" tall.

I would probably go with this size.

Where did you get your wheels narrowed and how much?

"SPOOLN" and "UNGN", I had them done by Trudesign wheel Inc. of Wheat Ridge Co. Give them a call or e-mail them with your needs, they should be able to help you.
The phone number is (800) 621-6436, web site address is : "trudesignwheel.net" and the man to ask for is Jim Lyon

Claude :wink:

Well the site I always use for tire/rim calculations says a 205/65 tire is recommended for rim width 5.5"-7" so the tire would be a little wide for a 5" rim but still workable.

Do skinny tires knock off enough time to negate the handling effects associated with using them?

I think having custom GNX skinnies made was uber cool though, should look great.

New pics with tires mounted...

Here are a few pictures of the same wheels with the new tires I mounted on them today...I chose to go with some Hankook Optimo's P205-65-16's as opposed to 215's which would have been a little too high...I think they'll look good once installed on the car! :D

Claude :smile:

I think they look great, but I'd never run skinnys on the street. It won't be fun in panic braking situations.

I think they look great, but I'd never run skinnys on the street. It won't be fun in panic braking situations.

I think those would be fine on the street.Now I wouldn't do that with a 165 VW tire on a 3.5" rim. Here's my reasoning. Think of the smallest tire GM put on a G-body. That would be a 195/14. GM doesn't intentionally make cars that cant stop in a panic situation. There are other factors such as tread wear and surface condition that determine how well a car stops but you get my drift. If he runs 205mm in tread width thats still 10mm more than a 87 NA Regal did from the factory.

Here are a few pictures of the wheels installed on the car...The only thing that bothers me a bit is that maybe I should've used some "rear" TA wheels instead of "fronts" to have a narrower wheel lip on the outer part of the rim...and also, it would've moved the wheel a little more inboard too...I'm still undecided if I like them or not...:rolleyes:

Claude :frown:

I think I agree with you Claude, another inch of offset would have tucked them and gave the "look" you wanted. :biggrin:

Here are a few pictures of the wheels installed on the car...The only thing that bothers me a bit is that maybe I should've used some "rear" TA wheels instead of "fronts" to have a narrower wheel lip on the outer part of the rim...and also, it would've moved the wheel a little more inboard too...I'm still undecided if I like them or not...:rolleyes:

Claude :frown:

I think they look pretty good as is.

I have never liked the look of running skinnies up front.

with that said

I think you found a very comfortable middle ground, your car looks very sharp and aggressive, it will make them wonder. Looks real nice. :)

"bishir", the real problem is that since I'm running a tire that's a little narrower and taller in front, the wheel is not "centered" inside the wheel well because it does not have enough rear spacing and sometimes touches the inner plastic fender...

Claude :smile:

P.S: Also have a look at my other post called "16"x10" GNX style wheels" in the "Brakes, suspension, tires & wheels" section...

Back