18" wheels...biggest width and lowest drop

snail power

Well basically I have plans for the hopeful near future to drop some wheels on the granny and looking to do 18" wheels(boyds, budnik, or billet specialties) still up in the air. Question regardsing is of course how wide can I go if I want to drop the car say ...1-2" I know if I go with an 9.5 I may be pushing the "rubbing" factor which is what simply brings me to ask the question on the board and receive opinions. Again I realize it can be harsh on 18's but I had 19's in mind as well. Just want a different look from the crowd but still look tough.

Thanks alot guys,

Nick

Hey Nick,

You will only be able to drop the car roughly 1" or so, anything more and you will have problems with the front wheel clearance with the inner fender.

You can go 2" or more if you cut the inner fender out to accept the wheel/drop.

Hope that helps! Good luck, personally I think they look great with 18" wheels! :)

18's and a drop

thats whats in store for my GN .I know of a GNX with belltech 2" spindles up front and a Eiback pro kit set of springs which adds another inch up front and 1 " out back so thats what I decided to do to mine since I allready saw the look and now I have to have it. I just ordered my 18's, there being custom built, 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear. it will be 6-8 weeks for my wheels and I don't know how I'm goin to hold out that long. I guess thats the price you have to pay to have the goods.