1800 HP Twin Turbo Grand National!

This argument will never go away.

Me , more nostalgia and always admired guys like Lawrence Connelly that would run with the fast guys back in the day with a 6. Sure he would blow it up, but hey it was cool.

I appreciate a different car... heck there was a street outlaws episode that had a nice gn with a Ford in it. Oh well, would have been better if it was Buick powered but still cool.

Gn with a coyote motor ?

It’s fast, most likely built extremely well, and on the road.

I’d root for it over any modern day platform in a race. Especially the mopar guys

https://turbobuick.com/threads/are-...eason-starts-next-monday-26-oct.433129/page-2

i could get over a ford engine in this
1537457019265.png

Last edited:
I can deal with it, "article" says he enjoys the polarization it causes, great choice alienate 50% of your audience with that move, on purpose. :rolleyes:

$50K in the chassis to drop in a $5K motor yeah okay. o_O

Isn't there a V8 swap folder somewhere around here? :unsure:

I think it looks like a trashcan icon. ;)

This argument will never go away.

I’d root for it over any modern day platform in a race. Especially the mopar guys

Yeah, I probably would root for it too, especially if I didn't know it was a Ford vs Dodge battle. I still prefer the "Penstar" over "Blue Oval" . The formula is: import < Ford < Dodge < GM </= Buick. ;)

I can deal with it, "article" says he enjoys the polarization it causes, great choice alienate 50% of your audience with that move, on purpose. :rolleyes:

$50K in the chassis to drop in a $5K motor yeah okay. o_O

Maybe more than 50% with these cars and when you are talking this kind of money: what's a few thousands of dollars more to keep it true to it's nature, especially if it is intended to shock? Wouldn't those numbers be more impressive/shocking with a stock appearing powerplant? :confused:

Wasn't there a "GN" on one of the Street Outlaw shows that had a Ford engine? Seem to recall something like that as it struck me as an odd combination.

To clarify some things about the build:

I do not have $50k into just the chassis, I will have approximately $50k into the whole entire build once it's completed with the new engine I'm building for it. What I have into the car isn't really anyone's business but I really don't care to share the costs... You have to keep in mind that I do all of the work myself which saves and extraordinary amount of money, I have also secured numerous sponsors because of it being a "controversial" build and the amount of talk that the car receives.

I spent $5600 for a complete 2016 Mustang engine & trans with 318miles on it. I received every part & harness needed to make it a fully running engine. I received all of the coolers/radiators (a/c, oil, trans & radiator w/fans), throttle pedal, shifter & cable, air box and whatever else I can't think of right now

The current engine in stock form (minus oil pumps & timing gears for reliability) will easily be capable of 1000rwhp, don't believe me just do a search of youtube or google. In fact, here's a link of a 2018 with a 100% stock engine & 10spd trans in a full weight car (approx 4100lbs w/driver). https://www.fordnxt.com/news/turbocharged-stock-engine-2018-mustang-runs-8-7-second-quarter-mile/

Once I complete the car with the current engine I will begin building another engine for it. I hate to say it guys but these engines are truly cheaper to build than a Buick, it's a fact of life. I can have a set of '15+ stock heads fully CNC'd & reworked with all new valves, springs & retainers to support what I'm after for $3k, rods & pistons for $1700, stock BOSS crank for $300 (good to 2000hp). All said I will be into the new engine for about $7k (and even then I will be just below my $50k total investment in the car). You can't buy a TA block and rotating components to build a short block for the $7k I will have into the total engine

I didn't really build this to piss people off it just became a fun aspect of the build. I did however build it with the intention of getting people to talk about the car, good or bad, I like different stuff and I like to do things that haven't been done before as I don't feel a need to be like everyone else.

Everyone should be glad that another GN will still be alive and well and didn't have to go to the crusher... I bought this car as a roller with no engine or trans so it's not like I took a v6 out to put a v8 in it, it had nothing

Ok, here's some updated pics

20180810_105416.jpg

20180828_153435.jpg

20180816_113447.jpg

20180816_113514.jpg

20180816_113529.jpg

20180816_113522.jpg

90105.jpg

86602.jpg
86601.jpg

86600.jpg

20180217_202720.jpg

All fits under a stock hood or a fiberglass stock type hood as well

20180727_094830.jpg

20180727_094847.jpg

I've got a roller in the driveway that will go to the crusher before a Ford engine goes in it. ;)

It's the lounge, I'm glad I don't have the polarizing talent. :cool:

Axles showed up on Friday so I can now assemble the rear, install it in the new chassis then swap the body over so I can build the drivers side header finally. This will be a huge point of the build as I finally get to hang the second turbo finally, I can't wait to see how the mirror image twins will look on this thing!!

20180921_204633.jpg

20180921_204803.jpg