You can type here any text you want

1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i just ran the fuel lines along the frame.

the tank was an easy one i use G-Body tank straps with the hinge end reversed to be able to use it on the A-Body and then strapped the tanks right in.

Thanks.

What did you use for a radiator and oil cooler. Standard 3-core w/ tranny cooler and an external oil cooler?

The radiator is the last piece of my puzzle...should be doing a test fit of the engine in the next couple weeks. Then the rear goes out for re-gearing (3.36 posi). :smile:

Thanks.

What did you use for a radiator and oil cooler. Standard 3-core w/ tranny cooler and an external oil cooler?

The radiator is the last piece of my puzzle...should be doing a test fit of the engine in the next couple weeks. Then the rear goes out for re-gearing (3.36 posi). :smile:

i am using the biggest OE A-Body radiator that fits the radiator support with only a tranny cooler.
i also eliminated the engine oil cooler.

i am first going to feel out the new trans and TC then ill think about 3.36, 3.42 and even possibly 3.55s. especially since my car will be in the 3900# range with my fatas in it

the tank was an easy one i use G-Body tank straps with the hinge end reversed to be able to use it on the A-Body and then strapped the tanks right in.

Do you have any pics? I was test fitting mine today and had the tank all the way to the drivers side of the frame and the filler neck still didn't have clearance due to the G-Body tank neck offset....:confused:

Any pics or info would be greatly appreciated.

=Eric

I’ll check for pictures

I basically made the OE GN neck longer using a flexible (boat Fuel hose) hose. This allowed me to center the tank and still have the gas cap end up in my cars OE location.

Cut the neck of the tank leaving about 2-3 inches
Put the hose on the tank then hold the part that you cut off in your desired location then cut the hose to the length that you need.

OR

put the tank in place, put the hose on the neck (the part that was cut off and where the gas cap sits) then cut the flexible hose to the desired length

sd-slider

BTW on the tank wiring.
i bought a Hot wire kit then i made the rest from the dash to the tank.
what i got from caspers was something else that i thought was the wiring harness. Sorry Dude.:frown:

Thanks.

My bud and I were talking about that exact option(cutting and re-routing the filler neck...).

=Eric

Thinking about NO seriously considering of putting the YENKO side body stripes on the car NOT the hood stripes since i already have hood stripes.
i would put "CHEVELLE" in place of the word/name "YENKO" on the stripe.
The stripe would also match the color on the other stripes
What do you guys think?

BTW this is what the Yenko stripes look like

Attachments

• 1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-5.jpg
    1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-5.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 962
  • 1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-1.jpg
    1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-2.jpg
    1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,020
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!! I'm all about some Yenko! this is that I'm restoring now :D

Attachments

• 1967_Yenko-Chevrolet_Camaro_SS-427_L-72_425HP.jpg
    1967_Yenko-Chevrolet_Camaro_SS-427_L-72_425HP.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,088
I like the Yenko-stripe concept--but, as long as you're going to customize the lettering anyhow, why not create something unique--like "CHEVELLE/GN",,,or whatever--a good idea will come to you...

I like the Yenko-stripe concept--but, as long as you're going to customize the lettering anyhow, why not create something unique--like "CHEVELLE/GN",,,or whatever--a good idea will come to you...
i would put "CHEVELLE" but never "Buick" or "GN" anything.

i am thinking of "CHEVELLE" in script like the OE badges on the car??

So do they sell stensils or something to do this job?

there are a few companies that sell the "Yenko" stripe kit.
First i am going to take these and a few more pictures of the stripes to a local decal shop to see if they can make them if not then i might have to buy a yenko kit and have them copy it in the color that i want with the writing that i want.
this place 1969 Yenko Chevelle Decal and Stripe Kit has them but dam $209.00 is real steep for something that i am not going to use.

And no i have not found a stencil set. If you find something please post it up.

So do they sell stensils or something to do this job?

This would presumably be custom-created in adhesive-backed vinyl individual lettering,,,similar to my "Under Pressure" decal in pix...

BTW, I have several of these left as I had some extras made up "at the time"--and have since sold my GN...$23 each shipped would transfer ownership...

Attachments

• 33UnderPressure-32%.JPG
    33UnderPressure-32%.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 938
i also posted this Looking for a 1969 Yenko STENCIL set. - Chevelle Tech site and got a this link in a reply
Stencils & Stripes Unlimited

So i called them up explained what i wanted and the guy said no problem and is going to call me back with a price quote in script and block letters.

know i am thinking about instead of "CHEVELLE"
1-"TURBO CHEVELLE"
2-"TURBOPOWERED68"
3-" "

can one of you PHOTOSHOP guys do this to the previously posted picture?
thanks

Attachments

• 1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-5.jpg
    1969-Chevelle-yenko-recreation-5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 890
future wheels for my car

these are the wheels that i will be getting for my car.
they are my cousin's wheels off of his WS6.
27ResizedWS6.jpg

i love them
i just wish they whir available in a polished finish.

Attachments

• 2.2 resized.JPG
    2.2 resized.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 830
  • 2.3 Resized.JPG
    2.3 Resized.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 825
  • 2.4 resized.JPG
    2.4 resized.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 824
  • 2.5 resized.JPG
    2.5 resized.JPG