You can type here any text you want

1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have another dumb idea.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/hybrids/197799-1968-chevelle-87-gn-engine-5.html#post1854027

I have another dumb idea.
Going to put is a 3 inch TH type DP Elbow and fab up the rest of the DP and I am thinking of installing one these on the end of the new pipe just before the "Y" pipe. And a hanger from the "y" pipe to the Trans cross-member for support. I figure that using a flex would help with header flex and stress.
What do you think?
Check out my awesome art work!!!

Attachments

• 3 inch flex.jpg
    3 inch flex.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 920
  • IMG_9254internet.JPG
    IMG_9254internet.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 907
  • IMG_9254 3 inch flex.JPG
    IMG_9254 3 inch flex.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 912
Sounds good to me. I'm actually suffering from my exhaust popping off (not hitting the ground as it stays mounted to the car) because I'm using a slip connector to connect two butted pieces of pipe. Real pain in the ass that is becoming, cant go full throttle cause the motor torques over too much I guess.

wlk-33226.jpg

wiring question

Would love to see some up to date pics of your car, it has inspired me to drop a turbo into my 72 skylark, i am almost complete except i need to install my caspers dash mating harness i just got.how hard was the wiring and how did you do the bulkhead at the cowl area, did you have to make a large hole behind the brake booster? also did you run your computer to the glovebox and make a hole for the harness to come in behind glovebox?
Thanks for your time and help! Pat:confused:

Would love to see some up to date pics of your car, it has inspired me to drop a turbo into my 72 skylark, i am almost complete except i need to install my caspers dash mating harness i just got.how hard was the wiring and how did you do the bulkhead at the cowl area, did you have to make a large hole behind the brake booster? also did you run your computer to the glovebox and make a hole for the harness to come in behind glovebox?
Thanks for your time and help! Pat:confused:

The wiring is real easy I left the bulk head in the engine compartment. (Right below my brake booster)
I cut a "as small as possible" notch right above my OE bulk head to put the Caspers wire harness through the firewall and into the dash.
"Also did you run your computer to the glovebox and make a hole for the harness to come in behind glovebox?" that’s exactly what I did.
Good luck

Sounds good to me. I'm actually suffering from my exhaust popping off (not hitting the ground as it stays mounted to the car) because I'm using a slip connector to connect two butted pieces of pipe. Real pain in the ass that is becoming, cant go full throttle cause the motor torques over too much I guess.

wlk-33226.jpg

I was going to use those same clamps but some one else said the something about them popping off, So I went with welded flanges instead.

Good luck Dude.

Did some work on the car today.
Pulled the gas tank to check for a leak.
It was that the gasket was miss aligned Easy fix.
I also put a Garret housing on the turbo.

OK I am tired of hearing this vacuum cleaner every time I hit the gas.
Would a cold air set up help reduce the noise?
I am going to build one anyway so I hope it does.
What are the dos and don’ts when building a cold air kit?
I ask because I’ve read on this site some where that they can be a restriction.
Thanks for your help.

Wish I was following this thread from the beginning. I know you have kids so it may be a little harder, but I was engaged once and after she tried to say your spending all your time on the cars and our money im sick of it its the cars or me, guess who i chose. now ive come to the conclusion all marriage really does is give you a piece of paper saying your in love and you get a discount on auto insurance, but in our cars if you really wanna get what there worth to you your gonna be paying a decent amount anyway so it wont make a difference. Nice car though great progress. I had 3 projects all of which were eventually going to get GN drivetrains, my 65 Lesabre, 71 GS and I have my GN now. And I agree its harder to get rid of the cars once you have them but once they are gone, its so much easier to see what your gonna do to the one car you kept. Good luck keep us all posted.

thanks dude

Lucky me I have a great lawyer!! My Boy has expressed a great desire to build a car with me, he also expressed how much he likes the Buick (next project) So now all of a sudden the wife is ok with keeping both cars. Plus the wife and I have a “keep the peace” policy she doesn’t have a say about my cars I don’t have a say about the house. So far so good.

the car is broken so i have time to spend on "looks"
what do you guys think about this.

Attachments

• T.V6 decal.JPG
    T.V6 decal.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 528
  • T.V6 DECAL REAR.JPG
    T.V6 DECAL REAR.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 522
What about real power six emblems? That would be sweet. Or, the power six logo in that silver. And Boss 338's with gunmetal centers.

Back