You can type here any text you want

1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
went to the scales today and my car and I are way too fat.
the cars weight is 3720# :eek:
with me in the car 3/4 gas tank and about 25# of extra junk in the trunk not including the spare and jack in those 25#.
i weight 270 so that brings the car down to about
3425#:mad:

That sounds about right for a Chevelle, they wern't exactly light weights you know.

This one was mine, it weighed 3620 without me and I think 1/2 tank of gas....no spare tire, no heater or a/c, power steering and brakes....and I stripped out the sound deadner but it did have a full bucket seat interior minus the center console:

chevelle008.jpg

engine001.jpg

Oh and here's those emblems I was talking about for your car...this is said to be for 1962-1964 Chevy II:

942e_1.JPG

This one is for 1965-1967 Chevy II:

56_1_b.JPG

Oh and here's those emblems I was talking about for your car...this is said to be for 1962-1964 Chevy II:

942e_1.JPG

This one is for 1965-1967 Chevy II:

56_1_b.JPG

i just picked up the two fender 396 emblems.
i'll post a picture once installed.

Also i am looking for a replacement Engine for the Chevelle.:redface:
Maybe a 4.3 V6, 350 TPI or a LS-something and yest it will get a Turbo.:confused:

Once i work all of the bugs out i will pull the 3.8 and drop it into my '87 "T" :biggrin:

A big block 454 would be an idea replacement engine. Then add a turbo or s/c if you want.

I thought of a big block and a Banks twin turbo kit but I really do drive this car a lot. With a big block and the price of gas I wouldn’t be able to drive it around the block.:(

Looking for a good motor. One that doesnot have to be re-done. Have a high mileage original motor.That came orginally with this car. but I want. Peace of
mind driving it. It's a white Limited with blue interior. Owned by a woman.
Thanks

Looking for a good motor. One that doesnot have to be re-done. Have a high mileage original motor.That came orginally with this car. but I want. Peace of
mind driving it. It's a white Limited with blue interior. Owned by a woman.
Thanks

So are you selling an engine or looking for one??

I thought of a big block and a Banks twin turbo kit but I really do drive this car a lot. With a big block and the price of gas I wouldn’t be able to drive it around the block.:(

Well you could always go with a 400 sbc. :wink: They can make as much as a big block but w/o the weight and also give the car better handling. Just use a Dart block if you can if you plan to boost it.

Also i am looking for a replacement Engine for the Chevelle.:redface:
Maybe a 4.3 V6, 350 TPI or a LS-something and yest it will get a Turbo.:confused:

Once i work all of the bugs out i will pull the 3.8 and drop it into my '87 "T" :biggrin:

What happened?
Why are you going to take the 3.8 out of the Chevelle?

What happened?
Why are you going to take the 3.8 out of the Chevelle?

You are going to laugh
Winter is coming and I don’t want to drive the Chevelle plus I have an ’87 “T” that needs an engine. So why not pull the engine out of the Chevelle put it into the “T” and redo the chevelle with a Chevy engine, which will also get some of the Chevy purist out of my hair. And also put a little more power to the ground and increase the WOW:eek: effect with a Turbo V8 or Turbo 4.3

But this is just in the thinking stages. Not sure yet what I am going to do.:confused:

But I would I do know that I would love to drive the Buick this winter.:(

Well
The exhaust is touching the body and driving me crazy going to the shop this coming week.

Coming soon
Supra fuel pump
Alcohol injection
Then taking it to SRGN for tuning

The Alky is done using some of Julio's stuff and allot of my DIY stuff (JUNK).
Julio's PAC stuff will be coming soon. yeahhhhh.

NOW I have been thinking about pulling the Bench seat (just recovered and new cushion can you say big $$$$$$$)
And getting a set of GTP seats (leather power and heated)
So I would put the GTP seats and then use a 80s MC SS center console wrapped in black leather to match the interior.
And a Ratchet Mega Shifter to complete the job.
I already have the Shifter and console just need a good set of seats.
What do you think?

Its a toss up dude. Theres that bench seat appeal for gettin close to the lady passenger, but theres also the appeal of the buckets and ratchet. I know I consider the ratchet in the chevelle an improvement over what the buick had.

Whats kind of funny is I just bought a new nozzle for the alchy for my car today lol.

Been driving it much? I was home over thanksgiving break and drove it the whole week, gas is cheap!! Coming the end of chrostmas break ill finally be bringing the car out to where im stuck at school.

Its a toss up dude. Theres that bench seat appeal for gettin close to the lady passenger, but theres also the appeal of the buckets and ratchet. I know I consider the ratchet in the chevelle an improvement over what the buick had.

Whats kind of funny is I just bought a new nozzle for the alchy for my car today lol.

Been driving it much? I was home over thanksgiving break and drove it the whole week, gas is cheap!! Coming the end of chrostmas break ill finally be bringing the car out to where im stuck at school.

I drive the car an average of 4-5 days a week to and from anywhere I have to go.

You can do a ratchet and keep the bench as well.

if i was to do the ratchet, i would only do it by going with buckets.

Jasons 68 was a SS 396 car with a bench seat we took it out one day to put in some bucket seats and found out the two buckets were heaver than the bench so we kept the ulgy bench cause weight was more important at the time. We were using the B&M Quick Silver with casuse its the best shifter they make thats universel.

Back