You can type here any text you want

1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The car felt good and pulled good
BUT
It has a dead spot for a split second when you are coming off of idle.
I am not sure if it’s the TPS, I will try and find it today.
Today I am also going to the muffler shop to tie in the DP to the dual 2 1/2 exhaust.
Also I took the car up to 15-17 psi for a second or two and no knock was recorded. But I did notice that the scanmaster has a huge delay could it be possible for the scanmaster to miss a knock during the refreshing period.
thanks for the help guys.
David

Great news!!! I can't imagine the feeling when you hit the gas and there's no loud rumble but just the beautiful sound of the turbo and the wind!!

the exhaust is done.
it just a little louder then i wanted it has a deep rumble
the good thing is that it doesn't get louder through the rpm range
take a look
American muffler in Rockville Center

Attachments

• IMG_9252internet.JPG
    IMG_9252internet.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_9253internet.JPG
    IMG_9253internet.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,153
  • IMG_9254internet.JPG
    IMG_9254internet.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,164
  • IMG_9256internet.JPG
    IMG_9256internet.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_9257internet.JPG
    IMG_9257internet.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,167
I believe typical Scanmaster only updates each 1.4 seconds(*) & may miss a quickie...

(*) unless you have "fast-update" option & thereby give up some other SM functions (MAL? & I forget what else)...

I believe typical Scanmaster only updates each 1.4 seconds(*) & may miss a quickie...

(*) unless you have "fast-update" option & thereby give up some other SM functions (MAL? & I forget what else)...

Thanks for the info
I am looking into a logger type set up. Since I don't have a clue of what I am doing I can post up the logs files plus the "recall" function stopped working on my scanmaster when I hit the “recall button” the lights on the scanmaster just flicker.

when I hit the “recall button” the lights on the scanmaster just flicker.

This would be normal--providing you did not hold WOT for "several seconds"--to "store" data. Recall only shows WOT min O2's & max KR data (& mph of occurances) when held for this min time...

went to the scales today and my car and I are way too fat.
the cars weight is 3720# :eek:
with me in the car 3/4 gas tank and about 25# of extra junk in the trunk not including the spare and jack in those 25#.
i weight 270 so that brings the car down to about
3425#:mad:
the guy at the scale said that the scale has a +/- of about 20#.

Rims

dsc05602ap0.jpg
dsc05603hk1.jpg
These are my Iroc rims very dirty haven't been ouuta garage for 5 years. But when they are clean they Shine.
Polished Iroc's

went to the scales today and my car and I are way too fat.
the cars weight is 3720# :eek:
with me in the car 3/4 gas tank and about 25# of extra junk in the trunk not including the spare and jack in those 25#.
i weight 270 so that brings the car down to about
3425#:mad:
the guy at the scale said that the scale has a +/- of about 20#.

My GN went about 3550# with 3/4 tk gas, empty trunk (except 50# subwoofers-amp), & aluminum wheels...so, you're not too bad off by comparision...but just wait til you add AC??

I actually gave a lot of thought to the GNX fender vents and about 1 or 2 minutes to the fender flares

Hope you have forgotten (for good) about these items on your Velle. IF you did that, you'd need seat coverings made from "South of the Border" blankets to finish it off!:eek:

I too, like the T-badge & T-type wheels concept. No gross mismatching of themes here chould be a good goal...

i am not that crazy yet. LOL i do have a set of T-wheels but i won't be putting them on the Chevelle.
i am going to get some 307 badges for the fenders.:biggrin:

Back