1969 Camaro SS Clone

Hardway

<p>Up for sale is my 1969 Camaro Super Sport Clone. Originally built in November 1968 at the Norwood assembly plant. The car is an original Rally Sport and is supposed to have the hideaway headlight doors. However when I bought it all of the RS components were gone except for the grill, emblems, and the RS vacuum pump/washer fluid pump/wiper motor combo. With so much missing I installed a standard style grill, H4 headlights, H4 wiring harness, and SS emblems. I still have the original RS grill and emblems and they go with the car.</p>

<p>Body: Overall is in very good shape. It does have 2 minor dings it, 1 on each rear fender. The paint is a 7 out of 10 and has some blue metallic in it. There 2 very small rust holes at the bottom of each from fender. Doors open close perfectly and feel very solid. No annoying rattles or odd sounds while driving. The floor pans and trunk pan is solid. Has front and rear spoilers, original chrome bumpers in good shape, and original fender “gills” mounted on the sides</p>

<p>Engine: Fully Rebuilt 350 SBC, est. 300HP/300ft. lb. TQ by City Motor Supply in Dallas TX. Bored .40 over, mild cam, Edelbrock aluminum dual plane intake, Edelbrock 650cfm carb with electric choke and vacuum secondaries. Ceramic coated Flo-Tech headers, MSD Pro-Billet distributor, MSB Blaster 3 coil, and Taylor 8mm full silicon spark plug wires. Also included is the full cowl induction air cleaner as seen in the picture below. Car has new motor mounts and other various new under-hood parts.</p>

<p>Transmission: Rebuilt Turbo-hydramatic 350 with mild shift kit.</p>

<p>Suspension & Brakes: All new rubber bushings, ball joints, tie-rods, and new quick ratio Z/28 steering box. New rear KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks, new parking brake cable, new front calipers, new Bendix master cylinder, turned rotors, and new pads. PST solid front sway bar. Futura Super Sport tires with less than 1K miles on them.</p>

<p>Interior: Correct high back bucket seats in good shape with no rips or tears. Padding is not super firm but still feel good to sit in. Back seat looks to be from a ’67 or ’68 and is in mint condition. Factory console shifter, new dash pad, newer carpet, door panels, headliner, and package tray. The interior is a mix of black and blue and looks nice. Features reproduction 3-spoke Sport Grip steering wheel, Panasonic AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with Kenwood rear 6x9’s and dual speaker plate under the dash. Also has Vintage Air Conditioning and Heating system. It is R-134 system and had new switch mechanics.</p>

<p>Known issues: The motor has been set back 2 inches in the car. This was a popular modification in the 1980’s to change the center of gravity closer to the middle of the car for better racing and handling performance. This does not affect the car in any way. The passenger side window needs some adjustment to help it go down evenly. May need a roller or bushing. The dome light does not come on.</p>

<p>Car is a reliable and fun cruiser that has served as my daily driver from time to time. Although not perfect it never fails to draw a crowd at a car show or get the thumbs up on the street. Odometer currently shows 90,000 miles. Car is currently tagged and inspected. I have all receipts for EVERYTHING. Asking $22,000 OBO. All serious and reasonable offers will be considered. Please call Jeff at 512-297-8842 or email camaroguy@hardwayracing.com to setup an appointment. </p>

<p>Notice to all potential buyers. The title is currently held with a major credit union in the Austin area and can be released within 1 business day of payment. No scammers, low ballers, or time wasters. You must be at least 18 years old to test drive the car, have a current driver’s license, and show valid proof of current insurance. I reserve the right to refuse a test drive to anyone.</p>

Pics can be seen here - 1969 Camaro Super Sport Clone