#197 on Ebay

YellowMurci was kind enough to share his findings with me via PM when I asked him. I think he didn't want to post the findings because he didn't want to get tooled on for bashing someones car. This board is kind of funny like that. Kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't type of situation.

WHen someone posts what they know about a car, they often get ragged on for doing it and told to leave the seller alone, when in fact, anyone that is a serious buyer would benefit so as to make an accurate assesement of price and quality. Sellers that don't have anything to hide should have no problem with this.

Then you have a situation like this where nothing is said and guess what...the prospective buyer gets ragged on!!! :confused:

I think YellowMurci was very professional in the way he handled his transaction. I think he was trying to avoid any conflict and may have made that decision by reading some of the posts on here with members that share their opinions, views and findings and then get bashed for doing so.

YellowMurci you are a stand up guy. Thanks for sharing.

I agree, but we should start weeding out the members that have a problem with someone sharing their experiences and not supporting them with our silence. The board is about gaining knowledge for the collective good of all members. It is in everyones (including sellers) that information like this come to light as soon as possible. It saves everyone's time in the long run.

A seller would have to be a complete fool to think that a buyer of a GNX isn't going to do their homework before laying down cash, at any price. Take away the collectability of the car (which has been done with this one) and you have nothing but a fast 21-year-old buick.

And the statement "all original except for exhaust, etc." obviously conveys the sellers wish to try and sneak by the facts that the motor is not original, and the car has had body issues.

In short: "Sell it Like it is"

I agree, my hat is off to YellowMurci. He handled his information about this particular GNX in a proffesional manner. We should have more forum members like him.

"YellowMurci you are a stand up guy. Thanks for sharing."

+1

I was seriously thinking about this car until I PM'd YellowMurci and he unselfishly shared the results of the inspection which he paid for. Needless to say, I'm going to do what he did (hire an unbiased inspector) the next time I'm in the market for a car like this.

Thanks again YellowMurci!