1978 LeSabre Turbo

78LeSabre

I have the chance to purchase a 1978 LeSabre turbo for $2,000. It need paint but runs fine and the interior is clean.

Is there any collector interest in these 1978 and 1979 LeSabre turbo cars? Does anyone on this forum have one of these cars?

Thanks

I don't think there's a big interest for them. Someone on here had one for sale that looked nice...he was wanting $8500 for it...more than what it was worth IMO.

Can you post pics of the car you're eyeing?

Yes I was asking 8500 for mine. It has been upgraded to EFI/200-4R/3.73 posi/ It's all done. Has some other upgrades as well- slotted/drilled/zinc washed rotors. True it's only worth it if someones willing to pay it, but try and get that one fixed up for that kind of money. It doesn't look too bad, but it takes money and lots of time. It's been repainted, new top, weatherstriping, headliner, and on and on. some unique options- factory am/fm/cass/CB. I also have some NOS parts to go with it.

Attachments

• IMG_3755-1.jpg
    IMG_3755-1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3754-1.jpg
    IMG_3754-1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3752-1.jpg
    IMG_3752-1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 151
Yes I was asking 8500 for mine. It has been upgraded to EFI/200-4R/3.73 posi/ It's all done. Has some other upgrades as well- slotted/drilled/zinc washed rotors. True it's only worth it if someones willing to pay it, but try and get that one fixed up for that kind of money. It doesn't look too bad, but it takes money and lots of time. It's been repainted, new top, weatherstriping, headliner, and on and on. some unique options- factory am/fm/cass/CB. I also have some NOS parts to go with it.

I saw some of your work on the shelby. You need to post some pics in the hybred section. Looks interesting.