1982/83 Chrome Elbow V6 Decal

b4black

There are two decals (emblems) being sold on ebay for the chrome elbow on the 1982 and 1983 Turbo V6. (Search 1982 Buick Grand National Decal)

This first one is only $5, so I took a shot knowing it wasn't 100% correct. It's pretty close, but the top part of the arrow isn't long enough. More importantly, the background is white. If you install this emblem, there will be a white border, including the entire hole in the middle of the 6. The background needs to be chrome, or clear.

chrome V6.jpg

The second sell for $10+. The black 'shadow' you see is actually part of the sticker. It needs to be cut off. The bigger issue is the arrow point. The yellow and red are misaligned. They don't meet at the point like original above. Of the two, it's probably the better choice.

77bb_12.JPG

Thanks for this Rich. I'm currently looking for a used chrome elbow and would want a new decal. Not to hi jack the thread but if anyone has a chrome elbow with ok chrome, I'd be interested

Thanks for this Rich. I'm currently looking for a used chrome elbow and would want a new decal. Not to hi jack the thread but if anyone has a chrome elbow with ok chrome, I'd be interested

I’ve got one off a 82’ sport coupe pm me if your interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
Well at least people are trying to make them. Sort of like monkeys at typewriters?