You can type here any text you want

1986 GN/Chevy Bow Tie Engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

black heat

Eng is a GM Chev Bow Tie Block/CNC 388 c.i. Built and Dynoed by Duttweiler.
Twin BB Turbos, Forged Crank, Brodix Heads, Comp Cam, Hogan Intake, JE Pistons, Oliver Rods, Custom Headers, MSD, Billet Distr, MOTEC Fuel System, Paxton Fuel Pumps, TH400 W/Manual Reverse Pattern, Hurst Shift. 9 in. Ford, 3.90 Gears, 8 pt NHRA Legal Chrome Moly Cage, GNX Type Dash, Intercooler, Weld Wheels, and Much More. Its Quick. Serious Inquires only. $25,000 or?
Contact Pat @ 858-273-5325 or

This car is sick, it was probably the first v-8 conversion Kenny did.
I have seen the car at Duttweiler's while being built.
Someone needs to pick this thing up it is a deal!

If you post some pics im sure it will get more attention. Sounds bad a$$! Good luck.

Hey John: Thxs for that last remark. And what are you doing in San Fran??

No problem Pat you are one of the nice guys.
I remember you from back in the BGNRA Days.
Rick Head made some shake down passes in this car if I remember correctly.
Anyone wanting a FAST car that you can still drive this is it.
Tell me where else you can get a car that Duttweiler built in his shop for close to this price...

I would trade my complete stage 2 motor, 86 T Type roller and 86 Blue Daily driver for this thing...

Things are going well we put Joshua to sleep a couple minutes ago.
How are things in Diego???

Thxs Brett. I don't have the savy tools to post pics on this web site. However, I can e.m. them to those interested in the pics. I will give it another shot at posting pics here. And yes-its quick, just ask Manual Begosian from L. A.
pat in San Diego

ps: My car is not the first to have a Chev conversion as John thinks, and it was not the last:cool:

No problem Pat you are one of the nice guys.
I remember you from back in the BGNRA Days.
Rick Head made some shake down passes in this car if I remember correctly.
Anyone wanting a FAST car that you can still drive this is it.
Tell me where else you can get a car that Duttweiler built in his shop for close to this price...

I would trade my complete stage 2 motor, 86 T Type roller and 86 Blue Daily driver for this thing...

Things are going well we put Joshua to sleep a couple minutes ago.
How are things in Diego???

John, I don't know that Rick Head did a shake down on my car (when I went over to Dutweilers to cut my deal on building the car, there was a GN there that just had the motor dropped in the engine bay. And that may well be the one you are thinking about. But, as I mentioned to Brett, Manual Begosian did make a couple of runs for me @ LACR (the one by Edwards Air Base). Remark here: I never made a complete all out bonzai run in the car-I stuck to 16 lbs of boost when racing and never hurt the eng.

I'm trying to place where we met-problably at some bgnra meetings or tech sessions. Joshua is in dog heaven by now-you enjoyed his comfort while you had him. Things are OK here in SD, but loaded with politics-yuks. Did I ever tell you that the WORT drivers live all over SD? :D

Take care.

Pat,

I thought I saw you at BGNRA Tech Session at Kenny's.
I talked to Mike Hanna, Scott Chestnut and some of the other old school dudes.
E-mail me the pictures I will re size them and post them for you!!!

Pat,

I thought I saw you at BGNRA Tech Session at Kenny's.
I talked to Mike Hanna, Scott Chestnut and some of the other old school dudes.
E-mail me the pictures I will re size them and post them for you!!!

OK, will do that tomorrow, and thxs for the offer. Yeah, that really goes back a few yrs and none of the above still have their GNs (fast ones). I also had an 87 Street GN-stolen about 3 years ago. But there were fun times such as "Shootout AT Sundown" days against the Fords.

pat

Pictures for Pat: 1-5 of 9

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 847
  • 2 (2).jpg
    2 (2).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 851
  • 4 (2).jpg
    4 (2).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 847
  • 5 (2).jpg
    5 (2).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 846
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 841
Pictures for Pat: 6-9 of 9

Attachments

• 6 (2).jpg
    6 (2).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 835
  • 7 (2).jpg
    7 (2).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 841
  • 8 (2).jpg
    8 (2).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 849
  • 9 (2).jpg
    9 (2).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 839
Hey Pat, Sorry to hear your selling the beast:( I wish you would have decided this a year ago before I moved to Florida, it would be setting in my garage right now.

On a side note, didn't you go something like 12's with it at Carlsbad Drags, at something like 140mph:eek: You just couldn't stay out of the wall....:wink:

For those of you who don't know Pat, he's a stand-up guy. Who ever buy's this car.....well let's just say....you will be pooping ur pants, that's a good thing:smile: Take care Pat.

Ray

Hey Pat, Sorry to hear your selling the beast:( I wish you would have decided this a year ago before I moved to Florida, it would be setting in my garage right now.

On a side note, didn't you go something like 12's with it at Carlsbad Drags, at something like 140mph:eek: You just couldn't stay out of the wall....:wink:

For those of you who don't know Pat, he's a stand-up guy. Who ever buy's this car.....well let's just say....you will be pooping ur pants, that's a good thing:smile: Take care Pat.

Ray

Ray, its good to hear from you and thxs for your gracious remarks. I see that you're still in the corps, you're a good man and can see its a career now. I do remember us meeting at Carlsbad and doing a banzai going for the wall (a few times), and yes, the damn thiing went 140's and et ranged somewhere between 12 to 13.50. I also heard about your building another engine that was very quick, then you sold (?) it and took a break. Give a call when you're in town.

pat

Any Hp Numbers At 16lbs Boost?
1/4 Times?

Hi Monster, Dyno Data:

1. 998 HP @ 16.5 lbs boost)
2. 991 HP @ 16 lbs boost

1/4 Mile: Terrible, car was run @16/17 bls boost with a ****tty suspension and MPH is nothing to to brag about (neither was my driving). Car made a few runs turning 136 - 143 mph @ a snails pace while most of the runs were with MT ETs (no hook-up, no make up). Here (was) at Carlsbad one had to shut down and not run over 140 MPH by shutting down early or get thrown out (Yes I was). Need a Chute beyond 140-NO CHUTE, not cute. And thxs for your question. As John/Ray said, '...hope the car goes to a good home'.

Back