You can type here any text you want

1986 GN/Chevy Bow Tie Engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
SGRIM, that's really why I was asking about the calculator earlier. I read that there was a 140 mile per hour pass made on the car and the car still went 12.0s or something like that on a 2.0 sixty.

I'm thinking that that alone is good for at least a mid-9 second pass. Is my estimating somewhat correct? Am I in the ballpark?

Thanks

flip

At 140, yes that is a mid 9 sec pass! I would imagine that car has a high 8 pass in it easy....

If it did 1300+ on the dyno it will get your mid 9 sec goal with the boost turned down!

At 140, yes that is a mid 9 sec pass! I would imagine that car has a high 8 pass in it easy....

If it did 1300+ on the dyno it will get your mid 9 sec goal with the boost turned down!

Shane check your PM.:eek:

That's what I was thinking and always wishing. Being able to run the numbers with the boost turned down, as I call efficient racing.

Hmmmmmm - Stay Tuned

flip

The 141 mph that was attained was with 16 lb boost (I always ran it at this boost) and the quick et of 12.8 et or there abouts (from memory-its fading). Once, I turned 138 @ 13.4 et with brutal 60 foot times of 2-3 sec. The times I have stated were without use of the transbrake and often leaving on 3rd gear. Moreover, I left the slicks off and went to MT ETs. Car has NO suspension to speak of. Lost my tow truck and my trailer-tuff life, BUT, think of the shtt thats been happening to people lately and I say that my experiences pale by comparison. Finally, the car was launched (banzaii) just ONCE by this real Fine driver from L.A. at LACR, Manual Bogosian. He also has a wicked car and runs @ LACR and Bakersfield and probably Phoenix.

Just talked to Duttweiler about this car. It was one of his first couple of V8 TT SBC projects. Had nothing but great things to say about the car. Car also pushed near 1400 RWHP on the dyno.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Stated whoever buys the car will definitely be a happy camper. The only recommendation was to beef up the suspension to plant the power to the ground (doable).

So (Next Step Is Up To New Owner)

Hey Hey

flip

Dusty and Chris both make more power and get down the track.
It can be done, with some help from Wolfe...

Dusty and Chris both make more power and get down the track.
It can be done, with some help from Wolfe...

Hi John. Man, I am leaning hard, really leaning hard. Dang, the thing I forgot to ask was, "at that level of RWHP, what was the boost setting"?

Oh well, anyway I'm thinking it had to be in the 25+ range to make that.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Thanks

flip

Hi John. Man, I am leaning hard, really leaning hard. Dang, the thing I forgot to ask was, "at that level of RWHP, what was the boost setting"?

Oh well, anyway I'm thinking it had to be in the 25+ range to make that.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Thanks

flip

hey Flip if i were you i'll fly down where the car is and give him his money as quick as u can looking at the photos it reminded me of my old Dutt's GN stage twin turbo he has quality all over it. If u test drive it and feel the power you'll agree:biggrin: go ahead before someone does.

Back