1987 GN, Best Seat Covers for front seat?

l3lue

Hey guys I need to replace the front seat covers from for my GN, i know a few years back it was very hard to find a close match on the fabric, is this still the case? Is highway stars still the best quality product available? Thanks!

Jax seat covers I feel are the best I’ve seen. I’d contact them see if they still do them

I just did everything in highway stars exclusive and am blown away every time I look at it. Extremely satisfied. I did the front and rear seat covers, door panels, and the little panels by the rear seats. The grey portion of material is a little darker than factory, but I think it looks much better as it's a closer match to the grey interior components like the dash, pillars, 1/4s, ect...

YN4ThWN.jpg

I just did everything in highway stars exclusive and am blown away every time I look at it. Extremely satisfied. I did the front and rear seat covers, door panels, and the little panels by the rear seats. The grey portion of material is a little darker than factory, but I think it looks much better as it's a closer match to the grey interior components like the dash, pillars, 1/4s, ect...

YN4ThWN.jpg

Did you get the Exclusive version from highway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Highways stars exclusive material very nice. After I saw the new Gbodyparts seat covers I was blown away how nice they were. Definitely recommend since they are the best material out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highway Stars. Just bought the upper door panels. Post when I install them. Exclusive material .

Attachments

• 20150408_160831.jpg
    20150408_160831.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20150408_161025.jpg
    20150408_161025.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
Were you guys able to recover the seats yourselves or did you take them somewhere? It looks like something I could tackle. Famous last words :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Were you guys able to recover the seats yourselves or did you take them somewhere? It looks like something I could tackle. Famous last words :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I did them myself and posted a few pics and my opinions in the "how to" section, but I used new seat foam on the drivers side and that was the main focus of the thread. Some patience and a steam gun and good hog ring pliers and you're in business. If using the one Highway Stars supplies, use a dremel to deepen the little grooves that the hog ring sits in, because as they come, the groove is too shallow and will send the hogring flying out of the pliers as you try to compress it. The headrests are the most difficult part, IMO...but a more elongated cut on the bottom portion(where the metal bar passes through) will make it a little easier for them to go on. The factory drier sheet looking material that's under the headrests and on top of the seat backs is helpful in gettitng the seat covers in place, so don't throw it away after you've removed the old seat covers. Good luck!

I also went with Highway stars. The foam came from kirban which is still too firm after 5 years.