You can type here any text you want

1987 GN with T82 Twilight Sentinel Headlamp Ctrl #'s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

El Corvino

I was just curious... I'm going code by code on my newly purchased 87 GN build. I have code T82 for the Twilight Sentinel Headlamp Control. I was told by someone knowledgeable that this is very rare to be seen on a grand national build. Just looking to see if this is true or if the 1987 $42 option was common and nothing special.

Last edited:
Compared to some of the options... Dealer cost was $48 and List price was $57, so I figured more cars would have them and it wouldn't be all that rare. But I am very new the GN scene.

Reading further and further back, apparently the combo of this option with an astroroof VS T-Tops makes a difference... So I suppose I should add my car is optioned CC1 - It is a 1987 GN with T-Tops. There were just so many conflicting numbers and much seemed to be hearsay. Not sure if anyone is familiar with these. One of the numbers that stuck out that seemed plausible, was 10% of GN's in 86... so I could see 87's numbers being similar if that is actually a factual number.

Some of it might depend on the build date. If it was a late build many were ordered loaded. The factory might not have had the parts in stock to put it on when it came down the line. The car is over 25 yrs old. No telling what might have happened and someone took the parts off.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry... I work night shifts in the ICU and am trying to switch to day shifts. I cannot even fathom what I was thinking when I typed "was not added" since mine does have it installed. That's why I was curious of the build numbers. haha

I edited that part out of the initial post. I'm fully aware there will be quite a few people on here who DO have this option, but also am aware that not all of them came with it. So I was just trying to get an idea if this was rare enough to bring up if someone were asking me about the build, or if I would just look like a guy who's read one too many things off the internet. :)

Well, in that case, I think it is a nifty option. I'm not sure of the numbers and it isnt something I loom for when scoping out a car. G80, lc2 mx0 we2 are some of the ones I look for on a gn when I look at a trunk spid label.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

G80, lC2, MX0, WE2 - Check on all of the above. I have a bit of OCD, so I made an excel sheet with every code, what it is, and a brief description. Though not completed, am currently trying to research what every last code is, so I can have some what of an idea what I am talking about. I've had many cars and currently have a few, this is my first turbo car and first car I care about originality (ability to change what ever I do back to original).

Back