You can type here any text you want

1987 Grand national question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dashoekid21

i recently came across a 87 grand national which looks to be an excellent condition.the owner is asking 12500.is that a good price? anything i should look for before i buy? please let me know.

pics for the beast

gn1.jpg

gn2.jpg

gn3.jpg

gn4.jpg

Many other variables to consider:
Mileage
original parts vs upgrades
interior condition
rust
engine/transmission rebuild

The pictures are less than impressive, IMO.

More info miles, mods interior and engine compartment pics help also. Look under the doors for rot.

sorry, it has 80,000 miles and the interier is real nice. havent had a chance to look under the hood but he did tell me he put a new turbo. should i get a mechanic to come look at it? do ya think the price is pretty decent? ive seen some go for 17000 + on most sites.

any info. would help.

Looks like its in a used car lot. Try to get a member from this board to take a look at the car for you. Most of these car salesmen wouldnt know a turbo or intercooler it if hit them in their head. Lots of guys on the board around the Dallas area.

Looks like its in a used car lot. Try to get a member from this board to take a look at the car for you. Most of these car salesmen wouldnt know a turbo or intercooler it if hit them in their head. Lots of guys on the board around the Dallas area.

x2
try to find someone on here that is selling one.

so do ya think i should wait?...

is 12500 a good price?

the exterior of the body looks good no dents what so ever and the interior is nice as well. i think he had a cd player in there.he turned it on and cranked up real nice. i dont wanna let this deal go thats why im asking.most GN i see online go for 17k and up.havent seen one for 12500.

Put a "good faith" (refundable) deposit on it while you research it. You then may have time for a board member to check it out for ya!

most GN i see online go for 17k and up.havent seen one for 12500.
where is that? Flebay? u need to find out what mods are done to it. make sure u pull the carpet up to check for floor rot.

based on the pics its hardly worth $12.5. they probably scored it for $8k so why would u buy one from a dealer when u could buy one straight from a member on this forum? ur gonna pay $3-5k more from a used car dealer who are usually about as trust worthy as a condom made out of tissue.:rolleyes: that car is worth about $7-8k. paint looks rough in pics. and if it looks rough in pics then its way worse in person.

that does not sound like a good buy unless it has some really good parts included which I highly doubt. dont get beat and dont buy with emotions, buy with caution and patience. there are plenty more for sale.

most are inclined to buy do to the close proximity to their home. dont be that fool. look around and if u have to take a road trip do so.

i did my reserch allready and most grand nationals go for 17000 and up
do ur reseach again cause ur way off for a car of that caliber. have u even looked at the for sale section here on the board? if ur gauging what a car is worth based on ebay u need to educate urself

that car is on a lot in dallas,tx. the paint dont look to bad in person it just it hasnt been washed but like i said the interior is real nice. but hopefully i can find one for 8000.seems to good to be true since i see most GN online go for 15k and up

Dude, this post is only a couple of hours old. Did you get to drive it? I wouldn't be in a hurry if I were you. $12.5k might be a fair price for the right car, but if it's in a used car lot I would be skeptical. It will be there tomorrow, so as already mentioned above post up any and all details you can find out and pics of the engine bay, rocker panels, lower quarters and interior will help. How can we asses value without any info? On the other hand, if you have the coin and want it, by it. You'll find out soon enough if it was a deal or not.

if thats the case how much is a GN worth in excellent condition?compare to the car i just posted.

17k will get u in a nice GN but so will 7 or 8k, it's your money so spend it how u please but if it were me I would listen to the guys on this site , u won't get steered wrong. He'll if you're just itching to spend 13k check out the pics of mines and shoot me a call ;-)

Listen to GNBrett. He know his car prices. Just looking at the photos and knowing the milage the price seems high. Did you look at the for sale section here as mentioned? No disrespect but it seems as if you know very little about what your buying.

I agree that car with no good upgrades is good for $8,500.00 maxx pushing it. Sometimes even with upgrades its hard to get good money come out and see mine ill let it go for $15,000.00.

Back