1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

I went for a rip yesterday. With just a scanmaster it's difficult to dial in accurately, but it needs more gas Dave. It's easy to do via the TurboTweak chip.

Gotcha, do you have plans to go back over there or is it something you can walk me through? I see how easy it is to change with the chip but I'm not sure I'd know where to stop haha

Need to verify fuel pressure first. Should be 43 idling with the vacuum line off the regulator

hello; Dsapper. could you do me a favor and show your turbo cover mounted. I know you said it's a DEI pc. How's the fit and tell us what you think of it?I'm in the market for a cover.
thanks
IBBY

I'll post plenty of pictures in the next few days when I get my hands on it again and I'm not sure the cover is even installed at the moment, I'll write about it when I put it back on though

The car is home! It drives like a beast, there is still some tuning needed but it pulls hard from every gear and handles like a race car. I had assumed the suspension would be very stiff but surprisingly its still a very nice ride, fast with class! I couldn't be happier.

I still have a few things to handle on the car, adjust pass window, tuning, fix weird speedo issue, mess with the transmission etc... but the major things are done!
DSCF3224.jpg
DSCF3215.jpg
DSCF3216.jpg
DSCF3217.jpg
DSCF3218.jpg
DSCF3219.jpg
DSCF3221.jpg
DSCF3222.jpg
DSCF3223.jpg
DSCF3220.jpg

Cool!! Glad you got it home!!
Only saw couple iffy things in the Photo's:
HoodLine's off (kick the painter in the arse)
Your wireharness over the Downpipe will melt,should be up higher
Last minor thing, Psst your K&N filter's sticking out...heh..not adding front spoiler?
Hope to get mine back home soon too...

Enjoy!

The hood lines up, I just need a shim made under the front. With the hood pins its not sucked down like normal with a latch.

Do you mean the factory oval loom? If so Ill try and raise it.

No factory spoiler, it just really looks bad. I may try something custom but for now it stays gone.

David,

This car should be in the next GM HighTech Magazine it's flat out one of the best builds I've ever seen in my life! WOW.

Would you do us all a favor and make a couple videos of you at the road course in this beast?!?!

Thanks again for all your help so far on my car I really appreciate your advice and input.

Best,

Its still going to need some tuning and time, I was hoping to make it to the drag strip this friday but its not happening. But when I do I'll get some video's/pictures of it in action

Well done... glad to see you are keeping it and continuing the build!!! Are there plans to still race your bosses Ferrari?

and YES the oval loom is supposed to be clipped to the Heater core heat shield..... and that loom is expensive.
and IMHO, the cars look much sleeker, faster and better with some sort of front air dam.

aaron

beautiful car.. i'm not a fan of how the GNX vents were put into the hood- they look like they need to be flipped to the opposite sides- but that's the only flaw i can see in this car.. good job..