1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Ok, another update.

Core support, radiator, intercooler are all in.

IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0632.jpg

Another interior tease of whats coming up

IMG_0633.jpg

and as a side note, I guess the gas tank is coming out to be powder coated or line-xed black. Sticks out like a sore thumb in silver and I'm being told thats unacceptable lol

Man this car is super clean and exactly as I would like to build mine as far and body, frame/suspension, and driveline goes! Looks great, keep the Pictures coming and ill try to not short out my computer with drool!..

,Dan

Trying to decide how to do it, either disable the steering lock or retrofit a servo to engage/disengage it. I'm going to actually cut out the ignition and hump for the key and have a plate welded in so it will look like it didn't have a key from the factory

Smoothing the key hump was the route I was going to take also... I'll let you be guinea pig ha ha ha... I'll be keeping a close eye on that part of the build.

One option you might look at is one of the street rod columns that you can get for a track T or T bucket. Some of them don't have a place for the key so it should be a clean installation.:)

One option you might look at is one of the street rod columns that you can get for a track T or T bucket. Some of them don't have a place for the key so it should be a clean installation.:)

Yeah, I did look into those but alot more fabrication. Plus I want to keep the stock wiring (cruise etc) and they are 700-1200 bucks

I dont think you would miss the steering lock if you got rid of it. I have mine disabled on two different cars. Just my opinion.

Yeah, just not sure about loosing that and the transmission lock. Two anti-theft devices and replacing it with one. Maybe Ill beef it up some more another way

This is going to be my winter project along with MANY others....

I won a $100 off gift certificate at the RTTH7 Pro-touring event for the Phantom Touch*N*Go starter system... Pretty cool stuff, even includes a Anti theft device....

Phantom Products. Touch-n-Go Starter System

[video=youtube_share;KA2oJ1rSRl8]http://youtu.be/KA2oJ1rSRl8[/video]

Scot W.

Bury a Lo-Jack receiver in the the frame while you can. 8^) ,it's for when it's flat bedded off towed off...;^)

I'm actually going with a GPS hidden receiver, they are the size of matchboxes, I find vigilante justice is best ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of TR's with that installed or even hood pins to see what it looks like. I was thinking of satin black hood pins to match the blackout package myself.