You can type here any text you want

1987 Turbo T rolling chassis 23,000 miles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shorti28

I may be forced to sell this beautiful car. It had a stage 2 motor and turbo 400. Motor has been sold and trans I'm keeping. It is clean and nice and straight. The guy I got it from had it built and never ran it at the track. I ran some 10.20@ 133 with a 2.46 60ft. This Turbo T has a ford nine with 3.50 gears and 35 spline axles. It has a nothced frame and has 325 50 15 MT's on it. It has a wolf bar and drag shocks all around. Paint is fresh PPG triple black. I'm not sure what its worth

ttypespeedpic.jpg

1987ttype001.jpg

1987ttype003.jpg

1987ttype008.jpg

1987ttype009.jpg

The heater is out as is the engine wiring harness I will take more pics tomorrow and post.

Anyone know what this thing is worth like this?? just drop in your motor and you have a super low mile clean street/ drag car.

1987ttype002.jpg

Can you send me as many pictures as you can? The mileage is good, but the problem i see is the cage (not sure what the rest looks like) and the 9" and why it was painted. most low mileage cars don't really need paint.

And.. unfortuntely it's not numbers matching anymore.

Either way... I'm interested in a nice roller with nice paint. Good for a drivetrain that I already have or maybe a v8 project.

10.20's @ 133 is an odd time with that 60ft, unless you lifted at mid track.

Thanks,
jnguyensmu@gmail.com

Unfortunatly, I have been informed that this is only worth maybe $5000 tops like this to the right person. I cannot let it go for that and will probably put a motor and trans in it and sell it that way. Sorry to all and look for it when its back on complete and running.

shorti clean out your pm box!!!!! I have something for you!!!
pm me your number or I will try and get it from Randy tomorrow,I dont have it anymore.

I remember when that car was for sale. Sucks it no longer has a Stage II, looked clean as hell in all the pics.

What are you looking to get out of the roller? I have a new stage1 with trans, and I am looking for a transplant donor? If I can not find a descent donor, I may end up selling combo. Let me know.

Regards--Brian

Unfortunatly, I have been informed that this is only worth maybe $5000 tops like this to the right person. I cannot let it go for that and will probably put a motor and trans in it and sell it that way. Sorry to all and look for it when its back on complete and running.

Dont let these guys try and screw you over. 5000.00 for a fairly decent modded car roller is what everyone is looking for if they would open up their wallets.

Tell you what, start a thread for 6000.00 and see what that does, if you get 10 guys that want to buy it now, then take it to ebay and see what it will bring... It might bring more than you think if you wait it out.

Right now is a tough time to sell, but its a buyers market, if the car is clean, no rust, and has good paint, 6000.00 and these guys should not flinch at that price. It is a buyers market, but dont take anything less than what your willing to let it go for.

Now from what ive seen, the speedometer is not the original to the car, so the miles are probably more than stated.

Good luck on the sale, 13 dollars more a week and im buying a house, a new car, free gas and going to start collecting unemployment.

BW :)

Thanks for the info. The miles are documented and the speedo is stock with th 145 mph kit installed. I would like to see 11k for it.

Maybe you should sell the car to quick6'n'kc. If he thinks you should offer it on turbobuik.com for $6000,then when someone steps up to buy it,run to ebay and welch on the deal?! Not my way of doing business!!. If you have something you want or need to sell,you have two choices,sell at the best "legitimate" offer you have or sit on it to try to get your price! And gentlemen,let me tell you, anyone that has any cash is holding on to it. So if you get someone who is serious and has the cash, you'd better sell. I've been in business 20 years and one in bird in the hand is worth 5 in the bush. And just for my 2 cents,the car looks nice and may have low miles, but it is still a "roller" with no air and a roll bar. Nice car but not orginal. Like the old saying"Only a virgin once". Good luck!

Maybe you should sell the car to quick6'n'kc. If he thinks you should offer it on turbobuik.com for $6000,then when someone steps up to buy it,run to ebay and welch on the deal?! Not my way of doing business!!. If you have something you want or need to sell,you have two choices,sell at the best "legitimate" offer you have or sit on it to try to get your price! And gentlemen,let me tell you, anyone that has any cash is holding on to it. So if you get someone who is serious and has the cash, you'd better sell. I've been in business 20 years and one in bird in the hand is worth 5 in the bush. And just for my 2 cents,the car looks nice and may have low miles, but it is still a "roller" with no air and a roll bar. Nice car but not orginal. Like the old saying"Only a virgin once". Good luck!

Well, when i read here that some strokers told him it was only worth 5000.00 i thought what a bunch of pricks. Legitamate low mileage car with nice paint and has alot of mods, only to be low balled like always. Sorry to be so blunt, but it gets old after awhile.

If he put it on ebay, that would give him a real idea of what people are willing to pay for it... If people here are offering 5K , he is wanting 11K, put it on ebay and see where in the middle the car goes for.

Good luck with the sale of the car... Im in the same situation with my charcoal 87T.

BW

Low miles or not. It's being sold as a roller. If he wants 11k for it, he better put a motor back in it. Looks very nice but 5k doesn't seem that much of a low ball offer considering its a roller and in the slow market everyone is dealing with. Things just are not selling for premium prices right now. Better off waiting to see if the market picks up.

Low miles or not. It's being sold as a roller. If he wants 11k for it, he better put a motor back in it. Looks very nice but 5k doesn't seem that much of a low ball offer considering its a roller and in the slow market everyone is dealing with. Things just are not selling for premium prices right now. Better off waiting to see if the market picks up.

Every car has to be sold with a motor?

Heck find a parts car for a hundred bucks, pay your buddy 4.73 an hour to do all the work and you will be fine.

5k huh? I think we found one! How about 8 more, omar is the first at 3K....

Lets start a opening action.

Hell ill low ball offer the guy 6k were about half way there....

C'mon boys lets buy a car....

I am getting popcorn.

I see a very nice roller here but the market does indeed suck right now. I am contemplating getting a roller myself before I have to hack my car and put a cage in it. This would be a good candidate.

Bryan

Well, when i read here that some strokers told him it was only worth 5000.00 i thought what a bunch of pricks. Legitamate low mileage car with nice paint and has alot of mods, only to be low balled like always. Sorry to be so blunt, but it gets old after awhile.

If he put it on ebay, that would give him a real idea of what people are willing to pay for it... If people here are offering 5K , he is wanting 11K, put it on ebay and see where in the middle the car goes for.

Good luck with the sale of the car... Im in the same situation with my charcoal 87T.

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. is right put it on evil bay with 11k reserve and see what it brings.People are going to lowball you because they are cheap.This is no fox body mustang (no offence to mustang owners)that costs half as much to build.This is a good deal for anybody that is looking for a racecar.I cant believe some of the offers I have seen for cars on this site.the car in florida that dropped to 3500.00 before it was sent to brian for parts:eek: The market sucks right now and people that do have money are taking advantage of it.good luck with your sale

Heck with ebay you'll still be dealing with us lowballers:rolleyes: You can get Quick n KC money for it at the Barrett Jackson auction. Just make sure you got enough guys there to push it onto the block :biggrin:

I didn't mean to stir this **** up!! I just know its hard to find nice rollers and thought maybe someone had a daily driver that has a nice engine tranny setup but maybe needs body and paint work. Its not hard to spend 5k on body and paint work. I thought maybe 11k would make sense because its painted and is striaght as an arrow with glass bumpers, pte front mount, innovative boost controller, fuel system, sumped tank, braided lines, oil cooler, frame notched fits 325 50 15 or 12.50 slicks, let alone the rear wolf sway bar, fully tuned suspension and on top of that 22,700 miles (documented). Sorry if I want to much but its all here that could EASILY be swapped over. Regardless of if its worth it I saw a $3000 and knew right then it was not getting sold! Just so you know I paid 30k for this when it was a stage 2 setup, because my old GN had 30k in it and no where near the caliber of this car and low miles to boot!

Back