You can type here any text you want

1989 tta needs restoration last time $3999 firm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drool! If you were closer to Texas I'd be all over this deal as in personally inspecting it and so on and so forth. I like my GN but I would love a TTA. :D

Interior

i do think the price is a little high for the condition but if it was in one piece then the price would seem much more reasonable, even with the bad engine. (think of buying a jigsaw puzzle in a plain box with no idea of what the whole picture is.) truthfully though, if i had the spare funds it would be mine now. As much as i want one though it is still too rich for my blood (unless we can work a trade for a 1g dsm turbo :smile:). I can't afford to tie up the money into another future project that is in the boxes stage.

This car is fixable. Although he may make more out of the car by parting it out and it may never be worth more than the cost to restore it (in our life time), it's not always about money. Just imagine, someone wanted to buy a painting of a cow and because da vinci didn't have a clean canvas he painted over the mona lisa to make a buck. What would the art world be like now?

So somebody that wants to keep this car whole please buy it before somebody that is just looking to make a buck gets it because i promise that somebody out there really doesn't care that the interior is beachwood and not what-ever shade of tan the factory called it and still would be tickled to death just to have a real tta.

This is the correct interior/color for the car. All just a bunch of strokers that should keep your comments to your self unless interested. And not hack up someone's thread.don't you all have anything better to do??????????????????

Where are you located? I must have missed it. Do you know of any other TTA specific parts that's not there with the car?

Ok I will part this car out! Tta gauge cluster with boost gauge and gauge bezel $900 tta down pipe from turbo to converter$400 tta frame motor mounts,ac lines, power steering res, and antifreeze over flow blanket $475 tta trans cross member $400 tta motor wiring harness $450 tta ile style brake package $450 tta vin matched trans $400 tta vin long block needs rebuild $550 tta center tail light with turbo emblem and tta crest nose emblem $250 all prices firm + shipping #774 696 3584 KERRY

Price too high??

I do think the price is a little high for the condition but if it was in one piece then the price would seem much more reasonable, even with the bad engine. (Think of buying a jigsaw puzzle in a plain box with no idea of what the whole picture is.) Truthfully though, if I had the spare funds it would be mine now. As much as I want one though it is still too rich for my blood (Unless we can work a trade for a 1g DSM turbo :smile:). I can't afford to tie up the money into another future project that is in the boxes stage.

This car is fixable. Although he may make more out of the car by parting it out and it may never be worth more than the cost to restore it (in our life time), it's not always about money. Just imagine, someone wanted to buy a painting of a cow and because da Vinci didn't have a clean canvas he painted over the Mona Lisa to make a buck. What would the art world be like now?

So somebody that wants to keep this car whole please buy it before somebody that is just looking to make a buck gets it because I promise that somebody out there really doesn't care that the interior is beachwood and not what-ever shade of tan the factory called it and still would be tickled to death just to have a real TTA.
What gets me is this is one of 1555 made and I want $4000 for it as a parts car or repair? what ever but people will sell a rotted out t-type or gn that they made thousands of for $4000 $5000 and $6000 but $4000 for a low production car is too much????????????

hey kerry sorry about before asking you to part it out..... i will spread the word for you regauding the parting out... im sure your going to make your most profit....good luck hope it all works out.....post it up on turbo trans am forum and thirdgen.org
im sure you will recoupe all your money and then some...

turbo ta are not sort after like a gn.....even though there much more rare and faster.... there time is coming.....

I just added up over $4200 in parts. Someone buy this car as a whole because that is the better deal!:eek:

On a side note, the TTA is just a hybrid anyway...and everyone knows hybrids NEVER sell for a high price. If it were a GN it would've already been gone....

I wish this was up for sale 2 years ago.I have almost 3 grand in parts to turn a 89 gta into a tta clone and that did not include the car.People this is not to much money for this car! The title is not an issue. This car will be worth cash someday
This is the real deal numbers matching car.I stll cant believe Grumpy didnt buy this car yet:confused:.If I had more room I would buy it. I have way to many projects going right now.Sh!t there was just an 1988 gta project car on craigslist 2 weeks ago that the guy sold for $3,500 . Hate to see this car get parted out being as solid as it is.

+1, Someone should bring it back. Don't destroy a rare car.

Also, Why beat someone up on their "For Sale" thread?

TTT, Good luck with the sale!:biggrin:

This is the correct interior/color for the car. All just a bunch of strokers that should keep your comments to your self unless interested. And not hack up someone's thread.don't you all have anything better to do??????????????????

Sorry dude, but this was a comment response to post #10 and not an attempt to hack up your thread. If you read it carefully you may even understand that I am very much in-favor of keeping the car together and not hacking it up into pieces. Maybe I should have specifically indicated that it was a response to an earlier post but I assumed it was clear enough. My bad.

As far as making comments on it, well, you put it out here on an open forum in a format that allows comments. Invites them even. So, unless I am breaking any of the site rules then I have as much right to comment on your ad as you do to post it. If you don't want the comments then take out a print ad. No where in my post did I attempt to trash you or this vehicle but I did state an opinion and I will not apologize for having one. I know that if I were shopping for a car on a site then I would like to know all aspects of the deal, good and bad, and other reasonable people's opinions before committing to a purchase. It is sad though that my honest opinion makes me a "stroker" simply because it disagrees with your opinion.

To answer your question, well, we're all on here instead of doing something else so I guess the answer is nope, nothing better to do.

What gets me is this is one of 1555 made and I want $4000 for it as a parts car or repair? what ever but people will sell a rotted out t-type or gn that they made thousands of for $4000 $5000 and $6000 but $4000 for a low production car is too much????????????

I would truly like to see this car saved because it is rare and like the Mona Lisa, future generations should have the opportunity to see and enjoy it. Thankfully, every car does not have to be a pristene show car for that purpose. Just today, I saw a ratted out Syclone. Did it sadden me that it needed major TLC? Yes, it did, but it also tickled me silly to see one in any shape still being driven and enjoyed so to that end, every one that is parted out is one less that will be out there in the future for that purpose.

It has been said many times before that rarity in itself does not make a car valuable. I have a WE4 of which they only produced 1547. The car is mechanically and cosmetically sound but in this market I would be hard pressed to get 2/3 rds of what a similar GN would bring. Infact, I would probably be lucky to get $6500 for it and that is a living, breathing, drivable, 100 percent whole, piece of limited production automobile. Would I sell it for that price? No, but I'm not trying to sell it.

You however, are trying to sell a car so you have to face facts. Your car is broke. It is in boxes. It is a used jigsaw puzzle. Is the sum of the parts you have worth the 4 grand? In reality, they probably are but like I said earlier, if it was still intact it would be a whole lot more appealing. I'm sure if you want to sit on it long enough then you may eventually get your price. While not questioning your integrity, it is sort of hard to see if anything is missing or not functioning when it comes in crates and the price should be adjusted accordingly.

People like to believe they get fair value for their money spent and many people won't spend money for something like this unless they feel they are getting a great deal. All things considered, at this price the car may be a fair value but it is not a great deal. I rarely if ever make money off of an automobile when I sell it but I am not a car lot. I get cars because I want them, not to resale, and when it is time to let them go I know I won't break even but I have enjoyed them while I had them.

I don't know how much you have invested in this car and if you are actually losing money at this price then I have empathy for you but if you set this price to make a profit then you can deal on it if you choose. The fact that you never got the title straight seems to indicate that you picked it up to make money off of because if you intended to drive it then you would have taken care of the paperwork.

You may be able to make more off of this car by parting it out but you have to look at your labor involved in that as well. I know the engine is already done for you but parting a car takes time. If you count the time and hassle of parting one out and the money coming in only as you sell parts then does it make more sense to part it out or drop your price? You may make a little less but you get it all at one time and hopefully the car goes to a new owner that will cherish and enjoy it to the fullest.

If it is all about the dollar then good luck with your part out because I believe that is what it is going to come to if you are firm on this price. If it is really about the car then maybe Mona Lisa can smile again.

Once again, this is not a hack to your post or a personal attack on you but it is my opinion and feel free to choose to ignore it. :)

BREAKIN IT;246392 Also said:
common in todays market.. Guys want the car but don't have the $$$ so they bash it to death :mad: ok have to go eat breakfast :p then Ill post some more on selling the parts.. hmm wait a min.. I have to work today BUT Ill be back tonight or tomorrow!! Hopefully someone buys this before then :cool:

Chop it up and put the parts on eBay if you want to max out your funds. The economy sucks ass still and that's why no one wants to make the plunge on it whole. I love to see them parted out.... Just makes mine worth more money! :biggrin:

I've seen n/a regals go for this price. 4k too much for a solid car and 99% complete? I got my car 2k, came on a trailer, a pickup box, and buckets with more parts scattered inside the car and this is RUST FREE car is too much of a project? I've seen GNs for sale in the same condition as mine going for 5k just because its a got a moonroof:rolleyes: Limiteds with junk doors and rotten leather interior for over 5k:eek:

Im confused. I talked with you yesterday and told you i wanted the car, had the money, and was willing and able to make the trip yet my only request was to speak with the previous owner that i would have to deal with to get the clear title. You have not replied to me in anyway yet you continue to peddle this car that you do not have the title to on the boards. Obviously you cannot provide a clear title to this vehicle so you should probably part it out. Oh btw...this is my first post. Hi buick community :biggrin:

Well there you go, you have a willing buyer!!! This car can easily be saved.

Title?

Im confused. I talked with you yesterday and told you i wanted the car, had the money, and was willing and able to make the trip yet my only request was to speak with the previous owner that i would have to deal with to get the clear title. You have not replied to me in anyway yet you continue to peddle this car that you do not have the title to on the boards. Obviously you cannot provide a clear title to this vehicle so you should probably part it out. Oh btw...this is my first post. Hi buick community :biggrin:

Who or where does it say I don't have a title??????? I have a title in hand, did we not talk about that yesterday?????

Kevin o'brien in old bridge NJ, if you are reading any of this chime in? KEVIN IS THE LAST OWNER OF THIS TTA FOR 3 SHORT DAYS AND IS A MEMBER ON THIS BOARD HE IS clonegnx THANX KERRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back