You can type here any text you want

1989 tta needs restoration last time $3999 firm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
for 900.00 your better off you putting the car back together and getting running and ask for more money....

part it out
the dash cluster is worth some $$
the seats $ some
doors and sheet metal 1000k
hatch 100
hood 200
doors 100 each
motor headers, ecm harness
rear
wheels
glass
part it kerry you would make more money....and easier to get rid of..
and sell the car with title seperate..
all these f body pieces are worth more in parts

i bet if you parted it out the parts wouldnt last a week

NO WAY !!! someone on THIS thread is goin to buy this car !!! Ya can't piece this car out :p

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/313810-please-stop-parting-out-cars.html

I'm very interested, but distance sucks and title issue is a none starter.. how will it be resolved?

i agree that parting it might be the way to go. with a salvage/rebuilt title it's worth $7000 max in decent running and driving condition. i was interested until finding out about the title. regardless if they only made 1555 of them or not, a salvage title puts a big dent in the value.

ok just a thought . Muscle cars from years ago have been rebuilt over the years an sold for big $$$ .. Remember they didn't have titles back then. only 1500 TTAs .. an god only knows how many are left!! no way near that amount!! Still a hard to find car that someone could easily bring back like a father/son project car. Finish it and drive the hell out of it :cool:

..TTT for ya :cool:

Title

I'm very interested, but distance sucks and title issue is a none starter.. how will it be resolved?

TITLE IS NOT A BIG DEAL, I have the title you just need to apply for the title through the last owner,it is signed to him. He will apply for it in NJ where he lives for what ever the title fees are, and I would assume something for his time. ALSO THIS IS NOT A SALVAGE TITLE. #774 696 3585 THANX KERRY

Strokers

ok just a thought . Muscle cars from years ago have been rebuilt over the years an sold for big $$$ .. Remember they didn't have titles back then. only 1500 TTAs .. an god only knows how many are left!! no way near that amount!! Still a hard to find car that someone could easily bring back like a father/son project car. Finish it and drive the hell out of it :cool:

DAN, thanx for responding to these people, but it is like washing a donkey's ass you waste time soap and water. They just don't see it how we do and they want everything for nothing. THANX KERRY

so why not you go ahead and handle the title issues for the purchaser now? IMO it would make those interested in it feel more at ease.....just my two cents....

Exactly!!!!!!

I dont know Grumpy, the way I see it, this is a perfect opportunity for someone to get an extremely rare car for next to nothing! This car needs to be saved!

Exactly!!!!!!

I dont know Grumpy, the way I see it, this is a perfect opportunity for someone to get an extremely rare car for next to nothing! This car needs to be saved!

a few years ago this would have already been in my yard !! Now I just want to get outta Buicks for a while. "Sanity check" :p This is a deal !! I could get a LOT of $$$ piecin it out !! :wink:

My wife is into Firebirds, I am into turbo Buicks, she doesn't care about #'s matching, and I have a spare engine ready to go. She needs a new daily driver.

Definitely will discuss it with her tonight!!!

not all these cars were meant to be reserected. some cars are meant to be a donor for the ones that actually are road worthy and need some parts that are unavailable. in 15 years the car might be worth something chassis that is. but unless you want to hold out until then your better off parting this car out fixing the title issue yourself.

it seems for you to get out of this car you need to put some work into.
resolve the title issue. there are so many things wrong with this car whats going to entice someone to buy it???

atleast put the gn motor back in it, assemble it somewhat make it look like a car again. not just a pile of parts that someone has to assemble

if it was such a good deal that car should of been sold already. either drop the price or part it out.

or maybe you want a white picnic table in your shop.

not all these cars were meant to be reserected. some cars are meant to be a donor for the ones that actually are road worthy and need some parts that are unavailable. in 15 years the car might be worth something chassis that is. but unless you want to hold out until then your better off parting this car out fixing the title issue yourself.

it seems for you to get out of this car you need to put some work into.
resolve the title issue. there are so many things wrong with this car whats going to entice someone to buy it???

atleast put the gn motor back in it, assemble it somewhat make it look like a car again. not just a pile of parts that someone has to assemble

if it was such a good deal that car should of been sold already. either drop the price or part it out.

or maybe you want a white picnic table in your shop.

Perhaps I'm appealing to a group of aficionados who have the funds to procure such a vehicle at its MSRP or higher. Obviously this car is in need of repair and settling paperwork issues but none that are unobtainable or unresolvable at a percentage of the value of the car in its operable condition. . Its atestament to the amount of "guidos" who have no comprehension that this car at its tender age of eleven is amongst a group of 1550 something produced and is no where near the realm of a parts car.

Your right but you got to find the person with the insight to make the a tta again. The problem is who is going to build a car that's worth 10k and cost them 15k to get it msrp again.just common sense. If the value was there someone would of bought it by now. In this economy its gonna be hard to find a person willing to spend more money than its worth. ....that's all I'm saying. Could it be restored. .....yes likely. ......No

I cant believe this stupid debate. The car is not for sale as a parts car. It's for sale as a CAR!!!!!! Quite telling him he needs to part it out. Jesus, some people just dont give up. As Grumpy said, someone is going to buy this car, fix it up as they go and be happy that they own a very rare car thats only going to go up in value.

So if it should be A parts car buy it and part it out???Parts should be worth much more than asking price.

I would be very interested int he door panels...if by chance it gets parted out..thnks Dennis :wink:

I do think the price is a little high for the condition but if it was in one piece then the price would seem much more reasonable, even with the bad engine. (Think of buying a jigsaw puzzle in a plain box with no idea of what the whole picture is.) Truthfully though, if I had the spare funds it would be mine now. As much as I want one though it is still too rich for my blood (Unless we can work a trade for a 1g DSM turbo :smile:). I can't afford to tie up the money into another future project that is in the boxes stage.

This car is fixable. Although he may make more out of the car by parting it out and it may never be worth more than the cost to restore it (in our life time), it's not always about money. Just imagine, someone wanted to buy a painting of a cow and because da Vinci didn't have a clean canvas he painted over the Mona Lisa to make a buck. What would the art world be like now?

So somebody that wants to keep this car whole please buy it before somebody that is just looking to make a buck gets it because I promise that somebody out there really doesn't care that the interior is beachwood and not what-ever shade of tan the factory called it and still would be tickled to death just to have a real TTA.

So what's so bad about this car if a title can be obtained? It looks very solid. Paint and interior could easilly pass for driver. So this car isn't worth anything because the drivetrain is scattered? This is one of those cars that would be fun because you could put a motor in it and drive it as you finish it:cool:

I see a problem with the parts. Those exhaust manifolds are off of a GN. The TTA drivers side is made like a ATR header....3 into 1. Also, the TTA headers don't have the spacers on the passenger side for long attachment bolts. Finding a set of genuine TTA headers is next to impossible, let alone, expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back