1989 TTA trade for Grand National-Oregon

souljasmooth

I cant believe I am doing this, but here is the deal. I sold my GN just two weeks ago to purchase this TTA. That was a huge mistake. I was looking for an all original TTA. This car is super nice, and is exactly what I was looking for. I thought I would like it more than the GN because it is sportier with the same engine, but I dont. Its just not my style. Here are the details on the car:

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 20th Anniversary:
-84,000 original miles
-3rd owner-Second owner was a lady who babied the car, and owned it for over 10 yrs.
-All stock-including radio, and CAT converter
-Clean title
-No Rust-Lived in Idaho and now Oregon
-Always Garaged
-Paint is excellent
-Interior is excellent
-Glass T-tops dont leak
-No dents or major dings
-Body is totally straight
-All Decals on car
-No Leaks that I can see

Known Flaws:
Both Front leather seats worn-Drivers worse
Rear spoiler cracked-typical, but not too bad
Intercooler Shroud-Cracked-typical
Minor Paint chips-Nothing major
MAF sensor may be bad-dont really know for sure

Things Ive done since I bought it:
-MSD wires
-Delco Plugs
-Touch up paint chips
-22% all windows
-Front brake pads
-Front Rotors
-Starter
-Vats Relay, and wire
-Ignition Switch
-Tumbler
-TCC Selenoid
-Flushed Fluids
-Changed Oil
-Serpentine Belt

I was going to change out the MAF sensor, but I will leave that to the new owner, as there are a couple of different choices. The car idles a little rough to me. My mechanic said it is normal, because it idles at 800rpm which it is where it is suppose to be at. Some people on the forums told me to change out the MAF sensor. That is why I dont really know if the MAF sensor is bad or not. It may just be fine, and the TTA may just idle a little rough. The reason why I changed out the Starter, Vats relay, Tumbler and ignitition switch is because these cars are known to have a hot start problem. Usually caused by the VATs system. I fixed the VATS system first, and then I wanted to make sure I never have a hot start problem again, so I changed out everything in its way. I am always extreme when fixing up my cars.

The car runs strong, and boosts up fine. Its hard for me to compare to my old GN as it was modded up and this TTA is stock. I have no idea where the boost is setup at. I know that the TTA is nowhere near as fast as my GN, but it still moves. It seems faster at higher speeds then at launch. I fixed every single problem I knew the car had, other than the cosmetic ones mentioned above. And yes this car can drive across the state no problem(I drove it over 10 miles home without a hiccup)

Please read carefully:

What I am looking to do is trade straight across for an 86 or 87 Grand National. I need the Grand National to be every bit as nice as my TTA. I would like the GN to have some mods done, but nothing too major like a race car. I dont want a project car. All stock is fine to. I would like the GN to have lower miles. I dont care if it is a T-top or hardtop. I dont care about power options. If the GN is nicer than my TTA, I can put a little bit of money into the deal. If this is a long distance deal, I will pay shipping on my car, and $200 towards shipping on your car. If you want to come and pick up my car, I will pay for a Hotel, and $200 towards gas money(depending on distance). I am not interested in Hot air GN's, T-Types or Turbo T's(sorry). Only real GN's. I dont really want to sell my car outright, just trades for a GN. If you want to make a serious offer on my car, please be serious and shoot me a PM. If I find a GN I want to buy, then I will sell the TTA for cash. Thanks for looking.....HH

541-231-3723

I cant upload all my pics. I have a picture of the engine bay, so just email me your email address, and I will send it to you.

Attachments

• TTA2.JPG
    TTA2.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,425
  • TTA3.JPG
    TTA3.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,414
  • TTA4.JPG
    TTA4.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • TTA5.JPG
    TTA5.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,416
  • TTA6.JPG
    TTA6.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,413
Here is another picture.......I have 3 more that exceed the limit for this site, so email me for them. Make sure you include your email address.

I am in Corvallis Oregon 97330

Attachments

• TTA8.JPG
    TTA8.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,410
For all of you who asked for more pictures here you go......

Attachments

• TTA10.JPG
    TTA10.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,300
  • TTA11.JPG
    TTA11.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,291
  • TTA12.JPG
    TTA12.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,289
  • TTA13.JPG
    TTA13.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,292
  • TTA14.JPG
    TTA14.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,292
more pics.................

Attachments

• TTA15.JPG
    TTA15.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,288
  • TTA16.JPG
    TTA16.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,276
  • TTA17.JPG
    TTA17.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,272
  • TTA19.JPG
    TTA19.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,267
  • TTA21.JPG
    TTA21.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,261
More pics.............

Attachments

• TTA25.JPG
    TTA25.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,257
  • TTA26.JPG
    TTA26.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,252
  • TTA27.JPG
    TTA27.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,241
  • TTA28.JPG
    TTA28.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,237
  • TTA29.JPG
    TTA29.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,236
More pics..................

Attachments

• TTA30.JPG
    TTA30.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 1,229
  • TTA32.JPG
    TTA32.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,225
  • TTA34.JPG
    TTA34.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,222
  • TTA35.JPG
    TTA35.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,219
  • TTA36.JPG
    TTA36.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 1,216
Last ones..................I do have a few more that were too big to put on the site. If you need them just PM me with your email address.

Attachments

• TTA37.JPG
    TTA37.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,214
  • TTA38.JPG
    TTA38.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,211
Maf

I hope it is only the maf that is causing the rough idle. I hate to say it but it may be a wiped cam lobe. Don't ask me how I know.:frown:

My mechanic thinks that it is normal. The RPM's doesnt change at all, and stays at a consistent 800rmp at idle. I just think it is a little rough personally. I have a friend with a 91 Firebird, and it does exactly the same thing. So who knows. If anyone local on these forums wants to come check out the car for me, let me know....thanks

Hoa, Henry is selling your old Ty, he just bought a Supra. Just got off the phone with him.

Ron

Supra? Henry doesnt come across as someone who would drive a Supra. For an import, Supras are pretty nice. What year?

I have had a lot of people ask if I will sell the car outright. For those of you who asked, just shoot me an offer. There are a couple of local GN's I can always buy. My only goal is to pick up another GN. A trade would be my first option, but who knows......

I paid 11,500 for a 48K car in the same condition... What do you think yours is worth? Did the TCC fix the issue?

Let me know what you would sell outright.

BW

I am looking more for a trade, as my main purpose is to get another GN. I just regret selling my GN to purchase this car. The car is really nice, its just not really my style of a car.

I will sell outright only if I can find a GN that is local.

I have received numerous inquires on how much to sell outright. I have told everyone else to just shoot me an offer. However I am talking to a few members right now about a trade, and they seem to be serious but who knows.

All PM's replied to. Also to the people who called. Email me your address, so I can send you the extra pics I have of the car.

To those who have PM'd and called me, the car is still available. I am still talking to a couple of people, but I dont know how serious they are.