1st gen F body

Brake lines are done. This was my first time doing this and I am pleased with the results. I used the new / European brake line material. It's a copper/nickel alloy and is really easy to work with. The rock guard (spring stuff) was hard to source but I'm glad I went with it and the billet clamps are a nice touch.
brakelines1.jpg
brakelines2.jpg
brakelines3.jpg
brakelines4.jpg

Picked up a 335 30 18" tire which is what I figured I could fit. Initial mock-up pics show they will physically fit but with no margin for error. Looks like I will be running a 315. Not quite the WOW factor but still pretty wide.
335mockup.jpg
335mockup1.jpg

Just now getting back to it. Hope to get a bunch done over the winter. Fuel cell is in and the plumbing has begun.
fuelcell1.jpg
fuelcell2.jpg
fuelcell3.5.jpg
fuelcell3.jpg
fuelcell4.jpg

That is dead sexy!!!!!!
Nice job Scott....How have you been doing?

Bryan

Thanks guys... Bryan, I'm going pretty good, can't complain. Do you have any winter projects planned for your Buick? Next up for me is the Chris Alston trans tunnel cap, which will allow me to get the T56 Magnum up higher for optimum driveline angle and road clearance.

transtunnel.jpg
transtunnel2.jpg
transtunnel4.jpg
transtunnel5.jpg
Got the trans tunnel done this weekend. It will allow me to get the T56 Magnum higher for ground clearance and drive line angle.

Thanks guys... Bryan, I'm going pretty good, can't complain. Do you have any winter projects planned for your Buick? Next up for me is the Chris Alston trans tunnel cap, which will allow me to get the T56 Magnum up higher for optimum driveline angle and road clearance.

Scott, I have already installed a set of Moser axles and a girdle, and had V bands welded on my Downpipe and installed a TurboSmart Hypergate 45mm wastegate. Have a line lock and CO2 bottle waiting for installation and am ordering a new 6766 BB from Hartline to get this thing spooling faster. A new set of aluminum wheels would be a nice addition too but its all about money ! I had a blast in Bowling green racing and actually ended up winning TAI after a couple of people red lighted on the way to the finals. the car ran well for its first actual race. Went a best of 6.67 @ 107 in the 1/8th ( weighing 3800 lbs ) with boost issues both at the launch and down the run. Hope to get her down in the low 6 range.

Your project is looking awesome !!!

Bryan

Love this build, great job!

Any information on the fuel cell setup? Working on a 62 Skylark conversion and I need something similar. Thanks...

It's an off the shelf RCI cell. They make it in several dimensions. It has outlets for feed, return, and vent. The feed has a dip tube which I cut shorter and mounted a Walbro 430 in-tank pump to. The frame is just angle iron and 1/8" strap that I fabbed up myself with a mig. I actually would rather have used a stock style tank in the car but the previous owner did some custom sheetmetal work on the rear valance for a center exit exhaust so I was forced to use a cell.

Driveline is going back in for good. Pics include flywheel, roller pilot bearing, RAM dual disc 9.5" clutch and diaphragm pressure plate. Hoping to get some critical measurements done and the T56 Magnum installed tomorrow.

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 271
  • flywheel.jpg
    flywheel.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 279
  • pressureplate.jpg
    pressureplate.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 255