1st PL Run...suggestions?

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Short run only up to 60 mph or so. I brake boosted to get her movin. My car is pretty much stock with the exception of an 9 inch K&N, Hotwire Kit, FMIC, Caspers 8 Position Chip, + a few other things in my sig. 91 in the tank fuel pressure @43 line off. Any thoughts on the knock,BLMs, or anything?? Coolant temp looks high it was at 198 when I got home. It never overheats though, I believe there is a 190-195 in it now. I just bought a 160 and will install it in the morning.

Attachments

• sd.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 79
well for one the knock is out of control, you need to get that undercontrol first.

tps looks good both at WOT and 0 throttle

you need to hook up you boost input ASAP

i would look into getting a real chip like a TT unit

with a new TT chip get the 6.0 and a LC-1 for perfect WOT correction

you didnt stay into it long enough but it looks like the MAF will max out

from your 02 vaules the car seems pretty rich ( i hate using narrowband figures)

thats what i see for now. knock is the main thing you need to fix asap and boost input

chip is on level 2 which is the factory recall chip reflash for 87. boost thru the chip is set at 14-15psi with timing at 22deg. hopefully with a tt chip, alky, and wideband i can reduce it to zero. i get less knock on level 3 but a little isnt good either.

knock

Have you cleaned or replaced the stock injectors? If they are dirty then knock will occur.. Stock injectors will work fine if they are cleaned and working proper.

Have you cleaned or replaced the stock injectors? If they are dirty then knock will occur.. Stock injectors will work fine if they are cleaned and working proper.
Injectors are untouched but a set from TT along with a chip are on the WTB list.

How much boost was that run?
15lbs at the top of 2nd gear going into third. I saw the KR so I let off. In your opinion do you think this chip has way too much timing for 91 octane being that the 2nd position setting on this thumbwheel chip is the 87 recall? Level 3 has only 19degs of timing at WOT because when I run position 3 I get less knock.

I should have my mbc, TT 91 Chip, and 60s by Thursday!!! :biggrin: I also found a huge friggin crack in the ds exhaust mani. I just bought another mani from a board member so...Xmas weekend shoud be cool for me. Hopefully I can find someone to weld the replacement one this weekend.
Once its back together I will post another PL run.

Injectors are untouched but a set from TT along with a chip are on the WTB list.

15lbs at the top of 2nd gear going into third. I saw the KR so I let off. In your opinion do you think this chip has way too much timing for 91 octane being that the 2nd position setting on this thumbwheel chip is the 87 recall? Level 3 has only 19degs of timing at WOT because when I run position 3 I get less knock.

22 deg. for only 91 octane. :eek: Yes, way too much timing for that amount of boost and octane.
19 deg. will work better, but with only 91 octane available to you it'll be hard making much respectable boost.