1st transbreake launch

no-nos

well launched my car for the very first time on my transbreake, but i only left with 2lbs of boost:redface: , i know thats nothing but it sounds like alot when the car is reving, am i doing it right as far as launching the car at 2 then 5, then 8lbs of boost to get used to the feel is there a better way:confused:

there's no feeling quite like letting go of the button! At 8 psi you'll think all hell is breaking loose!!!! :D

:biggrin: thanks mcasteel, that's what i was thinking of grumpy. thanks guys , just wanted to know if i was on the right track.;)

transbrake launches

i just used mine for the first time...i'm all :D it really puts some fun in it...i did 10lb launches but wanted to do more but i need to put some screws in the slicks..the slicks moved about an inch a launch..have fun.......Bob

launching the car off the transbrake feels good still working on my 60ft best so far 1.46

launch

launching the car off the transbrake feels good still working on my 60ft best so far 1.46

i am going to read a lot the next two nights....i am at 1.51 and i want low 1.4's but don't know how to get there....1.46 is getting it done though..........Bob

??

"transbreake,"?? Well, did it break, yet?? ;)
What are you doing to "help" the u-joints, axles?

Maybe a little unrelated....how much boost with a t-brake can you launch on drag radials?

I left on 15lbs of boost with a 70 gtq and it was like getting hit by a freight train!! :eek:

It is fun!! :biggrin:

Donnie Brooks was standing right next to the drivers front tire when it left. He said it was crazy!

Scot W.

I left on 15lbs of boost with a 70 gtq and it was like getting hit by a freight train!! :eek:

It is fun!! :biggrin:

Donnie Brooks was standing right next to the drivers front tire when it left. He said it was crazy!

Scot W.

With no tire spin? Do you remember what your 60' was?

With no tire spin? Do you remember what your 60' was?
Yeah it had some tire spin and it screwed up my 60' times (1.60's) :frown: BUT I was using 28"x9" slicks and the didn't like the hit! :biggrin:

Scot W.

Thanks to the trans brake, i will never launch off a footbrake in anything again.

1.33 so far, aiming for consistant 1.27-1.28s this year.