You can type here any text you want

2-3 Flair developing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ignition

Well, the ignition fuse was blown, and I blew two more, so I had the module tested....it's toast, go figure. To top it off I broke the coil putting them apart, the green crap had melted all the wires so they wouldn't give and I pulled a lead stright out of the coil. Bah humbug...

Looks like it'll be a while on the pressures....

Pressures again...

Well, went for a drive finally, and everything looks the same. It idles around 75psi hot 800rpm or less(it jumps upto about 120 if I touch the gas a little) Cruises around 120 and no matter how much throttle doesn't usually rise above 130-140, it hardly moves. It's like I have no TV boost at all.

Now when it's in Park, and I manually pull the TV cable to max and give it a little throttle it'll jump upto about 180 or so.

When I powerbrake it, it seems like R and 1&2 want to climb to 160-180, but it won't do that in OD.

tv cable

I don't think so, when I stretch it out manually it only goes about as far as the throttle would take it out.

Re: Pressures again...

Originally posted by Morkai
Well, went for a drive finally, and everything looks the same. It idles around 75psi hot 800rpm or less(it jumps upto about 120 if I touch the gas a little) Cruises around 120 and no matter how much throttle doesn't usually rise above 130-140, it hardly moves. It's like I have no TV boost at all.

Now when it's in Park, and I manually pull the TV cable to max and give it a little throttle it'll jump upto about 180 or so.

When I powerbrake it, it seems like R and 1&2 want to climb to 160-180, but it won't do that in OD.
I had the .570 boost valve in mine, and I could never get it to act right. My problem was slightly different from yours. My min TV press was way too high (150psi) then at max it went up to 210-215, when I put a lighter boost spring in, all it done was lowered the max tv press. and the min stayed the same. With this much min tv press it caused me to have second gear starts when cold and some times when hot. :mad: I went back with a heavy spring and the .500 boost valve and it works fine.:D I tried to use the .570 boost valve in my 700R4 and it made it act goofy.:confused: I would say that your press being low at WOT and fine sitting still could be the possibilty of the pump sucking air.

I really think my problem is the pump...

I just bought one that's a 690 with all the right parts in it, 10-vane, so I'm gonna see what kinda pressure I get outta that one. I really think I should've had mine rebuilt with new rotor asm.

I'm gonna check out the drums, I'm planning on a new set of alto reds for the direct...thinking about replacing the BW's in the 4th to reds also.

I can't afford a lot after the $166.50 I just had to put into the #%*#@ coil and ignition module from the zone. :rolleyes:

I have enough time to pull it again right now, since my job ended, but money is going to dwindle...

Noticed something odd tonight.

I fired it up in the shop tonight just messing around and it came up and idled about 120 cold, but when I disconnected the TV and pulled it to max the pressure shot upto 240 at idle, but oddly when I gave it some throttle it would drop the pressure back down to 150, when back to 240 when I let it idle. This was cold.

Ok

You definitely have a fluid pick up or pump issue. What is the fluid level? It sounds like lack of fluid. If when you rpm it, it is running out of pressure somethings up.
I would likely ask a few more questions. What pan filter set up do you have? I do not think the PR system is the problem with what you say is going on. If RPM is dictating, something is arry elsewhere. Email me a phone number where you can be reached tommorrow. I would like to ask some questions and wife is complaining I need to go.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

I agree..

I was running the stock pan and filter, but since I thought it might be sucking air too, I put a 700 filter in with the deep art carr pan off another tranny. I didn't check it tonight, but it's full or close to it, I think I dumped 7 or 8 qts into it. With the bottom sump filter it should be getting plenty of fluid in Park, also I put two rib type seals on the filter. I only gave it a small amount of throttle, maybe 1/8-1/4" by hand since it was only just fired up and still cold, but it was enough to drop the pressure a lot.

Is it possible the slide spring isn't doing it's job? I kept the old vanes/rotor, but put in a no yoyo pump ring kit. I noticed that it wasn't a double spring with the no yoyo kit.

Slide is volume. I'm tellin ya, its a fluid/pickup problem in my eyes.
Do as I said.

Bruce
WE4

Re: Ok

Originally posted by WE4
Email me a phone number where you can be reached tommorrow. I would like to ask some questions and wife is complaining I need to go.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Now that is good service.

Yes it is!

Thanks Bruce for taking the time to help. I hope to have some more info for you next week.

BTW, I drove it earlier, and I noticed right before I pulled out of the shop that putting it in Low and holding the brake and a touch of the gas it was seeing around 210 psi, but as soon as I got it to about 2K it would drop down to 150, same as Rev. This wasn't hot readings. Odd.. We'll see.

Seals

Sure did, I may have only had one on the stock filter with the stock pan, but now I'm running a 700 filter with an art carr deep pan and two of the ribbed seals on it.

Please keep us/me posted on how this one was resolved

I seem to be having a very similar problem. My pressure reading are very close to yours.

Lemme know.

MTIA :)

D.

Back