20-21psi on pump gas! WooHoo!

ross87t

I finally got some time to play around w/ the car.

20-21psi on pump gas and SMC alcohol!

0 knock, and O2's around 800

I would try to go higher, but the actuator rod is at it's peak boost level. I guess I'll just have to cut it down a tad.:D

Ross

Originally posted by 86brick
Str8 denatured alcohol.

Bingo!

I run straight denatured alcohol from Home Depot, w/ a squirt of WD40 to help lube the pump.

I just wish I had more WG adjustment left, so I could see just how high I could go.

Ross

I WAS ABLE TO RUN 20# OF BOOST WITH MY SETUP ON PUMP GAS AND NO ALCOHOL.I DIDNT KNOW IF IT WAS MY FRONT MOUNT THAT HELPED ME DO IT OR NOT,BUT I JUST RAN WITH IT.SOUNDS GOOD,ENJOY IT!

ross87t,
Ya might want to put on a couple of T-clamps. I was jumping up and down when I hit 22.5 lbs of boost on stock everything w/ SMC. Then there was this tiny explosion. Oh $hit I thought, there went a head gasket. Nope, it was the up pipe. It decided to try and fly too.

Now, after a few extra mods, I run about 19 lbs on the street. Till I put on a set of Champions and a girdle. Then, I'll start serving peanuts on my flights.

Erik

Been running 20.5lbs boost for 18 months now on pump gas with 0 kr. I guess the air up here is pretty darn good cause we don't even need alky :eek: to do it!
Glad to hear you're happy with your performance/tuning/combo as it sure makes all those crappy days/night go away when the 'ol girl hooks and leaves...:)
Jim

Originally posted by Jimn8or
when the 'ol girl hooks and leaves...:)
Jim

That's another thing I need to work on a little. These 245/50/15's radials aren't quite cutting it.;)

Ross

better tires

Get some sticky tires and you can run more boost. I am up to 24# in "street trim" now. :eek:

I'm running 245-50-16 BFG Comp/TA's and it's like a forrest fire when I leave at a light. Nitto's or Hoosier's are on the shopping list, along with some 15 inch rims.

When temps are below 70, I can run 20 pounds of boost with
no knock retard on Sunoco 94. My 87 "T" has a TA60, V4, 009s,
ATR 2 1/2 exhaust, and Reds 93 chip. I am waiting for my Jim
Testa chip to arrive as many people swear by his chips. Still have
my cat on as I have to get inspected next month. After that,
off with cat, 25 pounds of boost and Sunoco 100 unleaded.
When my brother got his 1986 Porsche 928 (awesome car!!!)
I thought it was very quick (high 14s at 95+). After the Regal
it seems sluggish!! Funny how a car that can do 150 can seem
slow!!!!!